Gotta feel for J.Witten. No super bowl this year either

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
Pretty evident we aren't going anywhere without Elliott. COULD make the playoffs but if we do as a wild card it will be a huge upfield battle. I do know one thing: if that guy comes back heavy after six games I'm done with him. He better be in the best shape of his life. I'd like to think we can go 3-3 the next six but just don't know. If we could do that and be at 7-6 when he gets back we'd have a shot to run the table and maybe host a wild card game at 10-6. This gives Philly an easy path to the division title and home field advantage. Bad part is, GBay is without Rodgers and Atlanta is mentally ruined after blowing the lead to the Pats in the SBowl. So there isn't much resistance to Philly going to the Super Bowl...yeah hurts to type it.

Sorry Jason, really wanted to see you win one big guy but due to suspensions and stupidity of your teammates, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Pretty evident we aren't going anywhere without Elliott. COULD make the playoffs but if we do as a wild card it will be a huge upfield battle. I do know one thing: if that guy comes back heavy after six games I'm done with him. He better be in the best shape of his life. I'd like to think we can go 3-3 the next six but just don't know. If we could do that and be at 7-6 when he gets back we'd have a shot to run the table and maybe host a wild card game at 10-6. This gives Philly an easy path to the division title and home field advantage. Bad part is, GBay is without Rodgers and Atlanta is mentally ruined after blowing the lead to the Pats in the SBowl. So there isn't much resistance to Philly going to the Super Bowl...yeah hurts to type it.

Sorry Jason, really wanted to see you win one big guy but due to suspensions and stupidity of your teammates, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Don't agree that wild card is a huge uphill battle this season. Typically, yes. But with the normal heavyweights of seasons past missing (Packers, prime Seahawks, Falcons), the rest of the field is absolutely wide open. In fact, I can't remember a time where the NFC was more wide open than it now is this year.

Any team that makes it can easily win the NFC and that is simply not the case usually.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
to soon for this stuff.
Exactly, I’m not worried. I think we’ll figure this out and be in contention for the division or wildcard at the least. Last year when Dez was out, I was positive that the season was over, but we managed to win game after game. I say Morris and Smith step up big time and Dak does enough to get us the W’s.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Like Emilio Estevez said playing Billy the Kid in the movie Young Guns as he replied to Sutherland when Sutherland said Billy there is 100 men out there and there is only 4 of us. Estevez replied I'll take those odds.

Mookie

Reaction score
I disagree, our offensive line has been brilliant the last 3 weeks and DMC will feed on the opposing defense's. He should borrow Zeke's "feed me" celebration the next 6 games.

The silver lining in all of this mess is that we will have a fresh Zeke for our deep playoff run.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Exactly, I’m not worried. I think we’ll figure this out and be in contention for the division or wildcard at the least. Last year when Dez was out, I was positive that the season was over, but we managed to win game after game. I say Morris and Smith step up big time and Dak does enough to get us the W’s.

yea it wasnt just dez.

it was romo, then dez, then tyron and scandrick if I remember correctly for two weeks.

They all came together. This kind of thing could make the team even more focused.

having said that zeke is one of the best players in the league and this will be a big blow, i think more in how it changes how aggressive defenses will be.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

The Zeke suspension isn't certain yet.

Our OL is getting better every week.

We still have capable RB's.

I don't understand all the gloom and doom.

LittleD

Reaction score
With our current defense, the next 6 weeks is going to be hell. We will have a very hard time controlling the ball and
teams will score at will against Marinelli. It is sad for Witten just like it was for Romo but, that is the nature of NFL
football these days. We have to quickly reload for the Dak era or we will be waiting for another 10 years like a lot of
teams. Only 1 team from our conference gets to the SB and you have to have a lot of things go right to get there.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Witten = Gonzalez

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
We're still a better team than the Eagles, even without Zeke.

Please reply after we beat the Chiefs this weekend with McFadden and Morris. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're still a better team than the Eagles, even without Zeke.

Please reply after we beat the Chiefs this weekend with McFadden and Morris. :)

Gladly.

It's not happening.

But I'll be thrilled to have anyone and everyone call me out for being "totally wrong" after a Cowboys win.

I just hope that you're around for the replies if they lose.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
At this point, I'd almost prefer a wild card over the division and a bye.
We didn't do very well with the bye last year. Sometimes playing the wild card game, almost like a tuneup and a victory, can get you rolling.