Gotta feel for J.Witten. No super bowl this year either

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Gladly.

It's not happening.

But I'll be thrilled to have anyone and everyone call me out for being "totally wrong" after a Cowboys win.

I just hope that you're around for the replies if they lose.

I'll be here too. Just like I was when I lived in Philly during the 89 season (that was hell).

But this isn't blind fan optimism. I really like this team and how it's constructed - even better than last year's team. The offensive line took a step back but the defensive line is leagues ahead of where it was. And while the team is built around the running game, it is certainly capable of going 4-2 during a 6-game stretch without Zeke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be here too. Just like I was when I lived in Philly during the 89 season (that was hell).

I'm just glad we didn't have the internet then!
:laugh:

But this isn't blind fan optimism. I really like this team and how it's constructed - even better than last year's team. The offensive line took a step back but the defensive line is leagues ahead of where it was. And while the team is built around the running game, it is certainly capable of going 4-2 during a 6-game stretch without Zeke.

I think that specifically the "pass rush" is "league's ahead of where it was". Run defense is way off of last year.

But the worst part is that none of that pass rush success has translated into better overall defense. Despite the pressure and sacks, the defense is worse overall.

I think the offensive line and running game were finally getting it together, and now it's a shame that Elliott looks likely to be suspended to ruin any momentum they had going. (It's just too bad that it took them until week 5 to realize what they've had in that run game all along).

But I have to disagree. I don't see this flawed to going 4-2 during a 6-game stretch. Even a Washington team devastated with injuries gave this team a good run on Sunday.

I strongly believe that one of the league's best offenses in Kansas City is going to shred them. And without Elliott, this offense will be too hard-pressed to keep up.

I just hope fans don't just blame it all on the players.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
The Cowboys wasted Romo and Witten. Too bad they couldn't win rings with other teams like Ware and Bennett.
They were too loyal to the star. Just like we are. I just missed out on the last super bowl by two years. Became a legitimate cowboys fans the year we lost to Arizona in the wildcard. Thats 2 decades of futility. At least some of y'all got to see the Switzer Super Bowl and complain about Switzer.

khiladi

Reaction score
He shouldn’t even be getting that many snaps anyways and his presence has stopped our progress on some ways. Written in the last few years is great as a possession receiver to find holes in the zone, but he’s part of the reason we have no real threat down the seams with his lack of speed.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Pretty evident we aren't going anywhere without Elliott. COULD make the playoffs but if we do as a wild card it will be a huge upfield battle. I do know one thing: if that guy comes back heavy after six games I'm done with him. He better be in the best shape of his life. I'd like to think we can go 3-3 the next six but just don't know. If we could do that and be at 7-6 when he gets back we'd have a shot to run the table and maybe host a wild card game at 10-6. This gives Philly an easy path to the division title and home field advantage. Bad part is, GBay is without Rodgers and Atlanta is mentally ruined after blowing the lead to the Pats in the SBowl. So there isn't much resistance to Philly going to the Super Bowl...yeah hurts to type it.

Sorry Jason, really wanted to see you win one big guy but due to suspensions and stupidity of your teammates, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

nonsense, why does having to play one more game equate to a "huge upfield battle" What did getting home field throughout get us last year or a few years back when we did the same? Nothing, a one and out. Zeke will have 3 regular season games to get tuned and ready for the playoffs and then he will have the freshest legs in the field. 4-2 without him, 2-1 when he is back, it is very do-able.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for Witten. He will be regarded as one of the best ever whether he wins one or not.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I do and I don't feel sorry for him. He's a great player who deserves a ring. But on the flipside, he's still going to be regarded as an all time great and will be in the HOF...not to even get into how much he's been paid.

Who I really feel bad for is the fans. Many of us have been waiting for a SB longer, and haven't been getting paid millions in the process.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
we are getting A LOT of fresh legs at RB, 4 of which have rushed for 1000 yds before and the other 2 have flashed brightly at times

i'm not throwing in the towel yet, and Witten isn't either

LittleD

Reaction score

I don't think we can beat the chiefs, falcons or the eagles at this point. We're fixing to see though? With our porous pass defense, QB's
are going to pick that turkey off the bone.

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
His fault for not leaving when he had the chance.

Yeah, that's it. Straight up trolls and idiots in this thread. Doesn't matter...I'm 100% right and you door jams are 100% wrong. No doubt about it. Later self loathers.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I don't think we can beat the chiefs, falcons or the eagles at this point. We're fixing to see though? With our porous pass defense, QB's
are going to pick that turkey off the bone.

The Chiefs have the 28th ranked rushing defense in the league. We should be able to run on them with McFadden and Morris. I worry about our secondary, but Zeke being out doesn't change anything there.

The Falcons look awful right now. They've lost 2 of 3 and barely squeaked by the Jets last week.

We're a better team than the Eagles.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
His fault for not leaving when he had the chance.
if witten was serious about winning a superbowl he should of went to a real contender when he had the chance if drz wants to win one when his contract is up he will try ot go to one also like ware did

Section446

Reaction score
if witten was serious about winning a superbowl he should of went to a real contender when he had the chance if drz wants to win one when his contract is up he will try ot go to one also like ware did
Wouldn't blame him, just like I didn't blame Ware.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Didn't realize Zeke plays 11 positions on offense and defense? They aren't done, I'd be more concerned if Lee were suspended for 6 games
He practically does play 11 positions on defense. So goes Zeke, so goes that farce of a defense we put out there (improved pass rush aside). We all know that Zeke protects that defense. So yeah, he plays defense.