Gotta feel for J.Witten. No super bowl this year either

MikeT22

Reaction score
We're 4-3 with Zeke. We weren't going to the SB this year regardless. We didn't go last year with home field. Didn't even win one playoff game. In fact only two playoff wins since '95. Thanks Jerry.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We're 4-3 with Zeke. We weren't going to the SB this year regardless. We didn't go last year with home field. Didn't even win one playoff game. In fact only two playoff wins since '95. Thanks Jerry.

so we blow a 4th pick on a RB when we could have gotten a great one for a 4th rounder? Another perfect example of how you dont blow a high pick like that on the position.

LittleD

Reaction score
The Chiefs have the 28th ranked rushing defense in the league. We should be able to run on them with McFadden and Morris. I worry about our secondary, but Zeke being out doesn't change anything there.

The Falcons look awful right now. They've lost 2 of 3 and barely squeaked by the Jets last week.

We're a better team than the Eagles.

The last time we played Atlanta, Julio Jones ran roughshod over our secondary. Our secondary is worse today so how do you think
our defense stops them. Obviously, we will have to outscore every team we play for the next 6 weeks and I'm not that sold on Morris or
McFadden at this point. The Eagles are clearly a better team than last year and are playing much better football than we have.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
Not sure about this season, but I'm not ready to give up on 2017 yet. Plenty of time remaining. I believe Dak will win at least one ring so I just hope Witten sticks around long enough to contribute and enjoy it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Oh stop that. For starter's Jerry is the last one to blame. Goodell is the monkey wrench and when, NOT if, Jerry has his way, Goodell will be gone. No need to post playoff stats or any other stats, after all, this IS the Cowboys site. No reminder's needed.

pitt33

Reaction score
We're still a better team than the Eagles, even without Zeke.

Please reply after we beat the Chiefs this weekend with McFadden and Morris. :)
I can’t wait until then.

Even if we beat the Chiefs, I don’t think we are better than the Eagles.

They have a formidable front 7.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Oh stop that. For starter's Jerry is the last one to blame. Goodell is the monkey wrench and when, NOT if, Jerry has his way, Goodell will be gone. No need to post playoff stats or any other stats, after all, this IS the Cowboys site. No reminder's needed.

The blame starts with Jerry. We've spent the last 10 years with Wade or Garrett as HC. After all these years he still can't get over Jimmy getting the proper credit of the SB teams. Not to mention not hiring a real GM in the last 20+ years.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Gladly.

It's not happening.

But I'll be thrilled to have anyone and everyone call me out for being "totally wrong" after a Cowboys win.

I just hope that you're around for the replies if they lose.

I'm back. There was never a doubt.

:laugh:

About the run defense, you wrote that it hasn't been as good as last year. The statistics show that, but I think that it's misleading. Last year we almost never played from behind, so teams had to throw the ball more. As you saw today, when we get ahead earlier, it's easy to play run defense.

With this win in hand, I fully expect the team to run the table over the next two weeks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm back. There was never a doubt.

:laugh:

About the run defense, you wrote that it hasn't been as good as last year. The statistics show that, but I think that it's misleading. Last year we almost never played from behind, so teams had to throw the ball more. As you saw today, when we get ahead earlier, it's easy to play run defense.

With this win in hand, I fully expect the team to run the table over the next two weeks.

Glad to have been wrong. And to be called out for being wrong.

Kudos!
:clap: