Gotta trade back a bunch. We need lot more picks

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Team is in shambles. Need trade 1st round for as many picks as can get in 2nd/3rd. I need 2 more picks in top 100 however it needs be done.

The Eagles killed free agency and have 4 picks in top 100. Washington has high draft picks. Need them both to draft poorly or we are screwed for years to come.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Team is in shambles. Need trade 1st round for as many picks as can get in 2nd/3rd. I need 2 more picks in top 100 however it needs be done.

The Eagles killed free agency and have 4 picks in top 100. Washington has high draft picks. Need them both to draft poorly or we are screwed for years to come.

They always seem to high many picks in the first 2 rounds.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I could absolutely see a trade back. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see them trade down to get more picks for next year instead of trying to pick up another 3rd this year though.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bad logic. We have too many holes. I need as many 2nd and 3rd picks as possible.
No it’s not. Like you said, too many holes to fill in one draft. There won’t be a plethora of extra 2/3 rd picks gained from a low first round slot. I would rather fill a few with good players than a lot with average to subpar gambles. Dallas needs better players…..

exciter

Reaction score

Eagles traded their 3rd for Pickett!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

I've been saying this for weeks!!!!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Trading back for a bunch of picks led to arguably the worst draft in Cowboys history in 2009. We traded down so much our first pick wasn’t until the 3rd round. We ended up with 12 picks and whiffed on all of them.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...rically-bad-was-the-dallas-cowboys-2009-draft

jujoboys

Reaction score

I wouldn’t be surprised if they use picks from 2025 to make trades in the draft and after the draft. I think they are content to ride out free agency without making any moves to mess up comp picks. Right now they are projected to get 4 comp picks for 2025 which gives them 11 draft picks in 2025. Remember last year they used picks to get Gilmore, Banks, and Scott (draft).

Jake0

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
2009 was a historically bad draft class though, look at the draft picks, there just weren't any good players at all. So not a good example.
There were some good players later in the first round like Clay Matthews, Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree. In the second round was Jairus Byrd and LeSean McCoy. There were others that would have been better than what we ended up with but we didn’t have a pick until the third round. That’s what helped screw that draft up. No team that year had as bad a draft as we did. It helped lead to four straight seasons missing the playoffs.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score

They are likely to trade a pick or 2 from 2025 to get a player or 2 like they did last year and might trade back some in this draft to get another pick.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think they're trading back for more picks. I think they're sitting there at 24. They'll fill in the roster after the draft.