Grade Andy Dalton game Sunday

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Made the throws when the team needed them for the victory!
A

P.S. I'll take the win any day of the week over a loss with 400 yards of passing garbage stats!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Average loses a game where you let the opponent score 28 points. His mistakes keep him from an A, but that was a B+ performance.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
B

4th and 6, changes the play at the line and goes to Amari for the 1st down at the 2 minute warning. That play alone raises his grade from a C to a B.

He managed the game well. Yes he kept the ball too long some times, and could've had 3 interceptions. He also played within the scheme and didn't try to do too much. Executing a gameplan and having a game winning drive = B in my book.

The only thing I didn't like about that play was how long Dalton waited to throw it. Coop was going to be wide open the instant he came out of his break. That ball needed to be there on time.. But Dalton having been away from game action for three weeks cost him some of his timing. The end zone throw to CD was completely wrong shoulder.. CD bailed him out on that one as well. But a steady game from him.. Loved the game management and the patience to stick with the run.. but the scoreboard and the defense helped out tremendously there. I think he will be better going forward.. but his timing was a little off yesterday. The throws were late on the hard cuts time after time. People will tout the three TDs but three throws that covered 12 yards combined? One didn't even cross the line of scrimmage? GTFOH. But a solid B is certainly in order.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’d say B. Dallas can win with that kind of QB play.

He did have the INT but the MLB had to make a hell of a fingertip catch to do it. More of a great play on his part than a bad play on Dalton.

His passes were coming out on time and dangerous enough that it opened up the run game.

Overall, not a bad effort at all, I think.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Good. Only concern is he appeared to not trust his eyes several times which led to a few late throws. Maybe some rust. Other than that, good game.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
203 yards and a pick.

But 2 TDs and a win.

Solid B-

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
B+

Our entire offense was solid against a very average at best defensive front.

cowboygo

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about that play was how long Dalton waited to throw it. Coop was going to be wide open the instant he came out of his break. That ball needed to be there on time.. But Dalton having been away from game action for three weeks cost him some of his timing. The end zone throw to CD was completely wrong shoulder.. CD bailed him out on that one as well. But a steady game from him.. Loved the game management and the patience to stick with the run.. but the scoreboard and the defense helped out tremendously there. I think he will be better going forward.. but his timing was a little off yesterday. The throws were late on the hard cuts time after time. People will tout the three TDs but three throws that covered 12 yards combined? One didn't even cross the line of scrimmage? GTFOH. But a solid B is certainly in order.
Agree, there were still issues. His play allowed to see the value in Kellen Moore. He dialed up great play calls. But, Moore still doesn't trust Dalton much. Those give up 3rd down runs to make a manageable 4th down shows me he doesn't trust Dalton or the O-Line in 4th and long. He'd rather have an easier attempt at 4th down.

CWR

Reaction score
Still not seeing what I thought I'd see but he was serviceable. So I'm thinking a C

Just curious what some other fans think of his Sunday's game.....

Side note: I'm not convinced Gilbert would not have also this game. Something about him that gives me more confidence that Dalton......maybe moxie.

Thing about Gilbert is the unknown ceiling. Dalton is past his ceiling in all likelihood. That said maybe he writes another chapter with these weapons.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Still not seeing what I thought I'd see but he was serviceable. So I'm thinking a C

Just curious what some other fans think of his Sunday's game.....

Side note: I'm not convinced Gilbert would not have also this game. Something about him that gives me more confidence that Dalton......maybe moxie.

A "B"
He stood tall.
Give this lad tutelage with a top QB coach and see what happens.

morasp

Reaction score
A, I didn't get the game but he looked good in the highlights and threw for three touchdowns. I'm sure improved OL play was a factor but it's possible that he read the defense and made good play checks that helped the running game. It's funny how different things look when you get few turnovers.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, Dalton did what he needed to do to win. He didn't try to do too much, he didn't make horribly bad decisions, he didn't lose control of the game situations. He also didn't show pinpoint accuracy and he didn't find every single open guy. He missed in situations where he should not have and I also saw WRs, looked like to me, quit on routes, drop passes. In short, I saw a lot of the same things we see when Dak is starting. I don't believe Dalton is going to be the guy while be transcendent, in terms of where and how we beat the NFL. I think he's a guy, as I have said many times, that can win you games if he's put in a situation where he has a lot of talent around him. He's not a guy who is going to win you games with subpar talent, so to speak.

I give him a B-. I think it could easily have been a B but for some inaccuracy issues.

JMO