GRADE DALLAS's OFF-SEASON

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
No suprise here I give it an F.

TO shouldnt be a Cowboy.

Glover was our best player on defense.

There were way better O-Lineman available in free agency than what we got and we had the money to get em.

We even managed to screw up the kicker situation, could have had Vinteri for close to what we paid for a lesser kicker.

Basically, putting all our eggs into one basket to win this season, to accomadate Parcells last season here and on to

p of that, doing a poor job of it

who are you, do u eat salt?

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
We even managed to screw up the kicker situation, could have had Vinteri for close to what we paid for a lesser kicker.

Yea, signing the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL is a terrible choice.......:confused: to be honest he would have gotten more money and stayed with the colts had he made one kick, i would rather have him for the price we are paying then vinatieri for the price the colts are paying.

roy31

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Yea, signing the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL is a terrible choice.......:confused: to be honest he would have gotten more money and stayed with the colts had he made one kick, i would rather have him for the price we are paying then vinatieri for the price the colts are paying.
:hammer:

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Glass half empty fan....:rolleyes:

Not really, I'm higher on most Cowboys than most of the fans here, just not TO because I see no reason to believe he won't be the same person here he's been everywhere else.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Can't give it higher than a B because we didn't bring in one of the franchise interior linemen when we knew we were cuttin' Larry. Like Jerry said about TO, those kinds of players normally don't enter free agency. Should have used the same logic for the linemen that he does for the glory hound skilled position players. Also lower it for waiting so long to enter the kicker market. Wouldn't mind a go on Ty Law as a free safety but I have no idea if he's willing to change position or go for the lower money, so I'm not bumping down the grade based on that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
gibbsfanforlife, NovaCowboy, SkinsFan07 all gave us a F. You connect the dots.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
how do you know?

Im not a homer, theres a difference

I know because I have seen all your posts under this name and your "badattitude" alias. You are a troll quit trying to pretend you aren't

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
This thread/poll is a bit premature.....I'd like to see what the draft brings before I officially grade. But as of right now I would say B-, still need to address safety, outside linebacker, and more offensive line depth!

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
gibbsfanforlife, NovaCowboy, SkinsFan07 all gave us a F. You connect the dots.

and rdsknsbaby gave us our only D. Getting rid of the non-fans, we only had a few C's, and the rest are A's and B's. Looking good to me...

NovaCowboy said:
Im not a homer

Of course, how can you be a Cowboys homer if you're not even a fan?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I know because I have seen all your posts under this name and your "badattitude" alias. You are a troll quit trying to pretend you aren't

Seriously man what is your deal? You think everybody is a troll don't you :D

You truly live up to the 'troll slayer' nickname that's for sure. :laugh1:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Seriously man what is your deal? You think everybody is a troll don't you :D

You truly live up to the 'troll slayer' nickname that's for sure. :laugh1:

I only say trolls are trolls. Go look at his past posts, and then do a search on is old name badattitude. Read his posts then tell me if you think he is a Cowboys fan

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Would like to add a B- as my rateing so far.Promising, but not outstanding - but I'm hopeful that will come with the Draft.
This has been a good start to a new season so far,lets all hope it continues...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Knowing Dallas' luck, they always seem to have an injury at a spot where they lack a little bit of depth at. With that, I see the holes at LOLB and FS. Now, I believe that they will draft a couple of players there, but knowing their luck one of them will get hurt and they will not have done a good enough job of sureing up those spots.

Provided we stay reasonably healthy, the Owens deal was brilliant. Fabini was easily a top 5 Offensive Tackle in 2004 (people forget this) and is probably better suited at right tackle where he's going to play. Ayodele fits a good need, defensive run support up the middle. I like the fact they signed Kosier, but I think they overpaid for him. Hannam was a bit of a need and an upgrade. And then Vanderjagt seems like a great deal compared to what the other lesser kickers were getting. He's not a good kickoff guy, but Dallas has been one of the league's best in kickoff coverage under Parcells. If they can draft a FS, they'll have an even better kickoff unit to counter poor kickoffs with Davis playing Special Teams full time along with Rocky Boiman and Kevin Burnett.

I put them down for a grade of "B", but I'd probably say they were more like a B+

Rich.............

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
Glover was our best player on defense.

Um....no.

Terence Newman was by far a better player than Glover last year.

Roy Williams was by far a better player than Glover last year.

The other players I would say that were clearly better than Glover where Henry, Aaron Glenn, Bradie James, and DeMarcus Ware.

According to footballoutsiders.com, Dallas finished 30th in defending runs up the middle. And guess who got the majority of the snaps at nose guard?

La'Roi Glover.

Hey, I wish Glover could have stayed and I think he's a good pickup by the Rams and he'll be one of my favorite Cowboys ever. But, he was one of Dallas' worst starting defensive players last year to the point where he practically got benched by the end of the season.

Rich..........

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Um....no.

Terence Newman was by far a better player than Glover last year.

Roy Williams was by far a better player than Glover last year.

The other players I would say that were clearly better than Glover where Henry, Aaron Glenn, Bradie James, and DeMarcus Ware.

According to footballoutsiders.com, Dallas finished 30th in defending runs up the middle. And guess who got the majority of the snaps at nose guard?

La'Roi Glover.

Hey, I wish Glover could have stayed and I think he's a good pickup by the Rams and he'll be one of my favorite Cowboys ever. But, he was one of Dallas' worst starting defensive players last year to the point where he practically got benched by the end of the season.

Rich..........

Ummm no... Glover was the best player we had on the team, his reduced role can be attributed to Parcells and his 3-4 crap.