Grade the Cowboys pick of Tyler Smith T Tulsa at 24th overall

How would you grade our 1st round pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Linderbaum was never an option in a Division that has big nasty DT/DE you face twice a year.

Linderbaum is undersized light weighted. Can u imagine him against Jordan Davis twice a year?

No NFL centers can outweigh or manhandle most DTs and especially those the size of Davis. The best centers in the NFL are mostly under 300 lbs and depend on technique and quick feet. All Pro Jason Kelce is even smaller size than Linderbaum. Too much weight can even be a disadvantage at center, you need to be quick.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What grade would you give the pick?

F. Dallas has neither the time to wait for a no. 24 pick to develop, nor can they afford to pick a player who has glaring faults (penalty machine).

Nothing against the kid himself, he can only do what he can do. And I'll give him every chance.

But as far as the pick itself goes, don't like it at all. Not one bit....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The Draft Show and Broaddus mentioned it, but who knows.
Oh well Broaddus mentioned it well then it has to be true. You do know that Broaddus is wrong about nearly everything right? That story was leaked to the shills to save face because the guy was a reach. Some had a 3rd round grade on him. Before you get all butt hurt know I don’t hate the pick. I hate the value.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
C....we needed some beef and definitely some nasty. Kid is nasty.
He’s young and coachable they say. Cut the penalties down and he may have us ohhhhhing and ahhhhhhing

Smith22

Reaction score
Oh well Broaddus mentioned it well then it has to be true. You do know that Broaddus is wrong about nearly everything right? That story was leaked to the shills to save face because the guy was a reach. Some had a 3rd round grade on him. Before you get all butt hurt know I don’t hate the pick. I hate the value.
Why would I be butt hurt? I don't even like the pick. Just passing along information you didn't seem to know about.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Linderbaum was never an option in a Division that has big nasty DT/DE you face twice a year.

Linderbaum is undersized light weighted. Can u imagine him against Jordan Davis twice a year?
For a small guy Linderbaum routinely flattened Big 10 DTs. He would easily add some weight and have been a massive day 1 upgrade over TB.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Does anyone here hate the player? I don’t think so. The guy is huge and edgy. If they can coach him up, fix the technique and help him avoid penalties he is going to be good. The issue is value and concern that this OL has regressed under JP. That’s the issue right?

Flamma

Reaction score
I gave it a D because they drafted for need over improving the team. I don't mind the player they picked, but it's a status quo pick. You can do a status quo pick in the second round. Jermaine Johnson should have been the pick.

shabazz

Reaction score
C....we needed some beef and definitely some nasty. Kid is nasty.
He’s young and coachable they say. Cut the penalties down and he may have us ohhhhhing and ahhhhhhing

….one way to look at it is since the Cowboys are gonna be called for penalties ANYWAY, why not get a guy that’s gonna be a mauler too?

Smith22

Reaction score
Drafting a penalty prone tackle with poor technique to play guard just seems odd, especially in round 1.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not to belabor things but you can’t coach size, natural strength, and a mean disposition. While they should have traded down and drafted Smith later he does possess traits that can make him a star. The OL badly needs more snarl. He will provide that.