Grading this draft class

KB1122

Reaction score
Took a look at Herbert and Eason. They're kind of opposites.
Herbert is athletic, polished has pocket presence, lacks touch, accurate, shied away from the deep center of the field, had the Curse of Mariota (his highlight plays usually went to wide open receivers).
Eason has strong arm, awful pocket presence, not great at reading defense, has OK but not positive athleticism, but he throws to the right spots, and can make wow throws with power or touch.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The way I see it, Ruggs is pretty much a lock to succeed. Brett Kollman did a really good video recently with DK Metcalf, where he showed with WRs who threaten corners vertically (mostly hulking, stiffer WRs like Dez, Calvin Johnson, and well, Metcalf), they don't need to run a huge route tree to make it. If you can beat them on a nine route and they back off, you only need to be able to run a few basic things like a hitch, post or slant to either steal the free yards they're giving up in cushion or catch them when they panic and start bailing.

Ruggs is fast enough to threaten any NFL corner vertically, and he's tougher and more physical than any other 4.2-ish freaky speed guy I can think of outside of Tyreek Hill. I think he's got an easy route to 1,000 yard seasons.

The biggest issue I have with Lamb is that he's really thin, and I don't think he's that fast. My guess is he'll run somewhere around a 4.5 at the Combine, and 180 lbs and 4.5 speed is not a great combination. If he scorches the track at the Combine then I'll give him a pass, but as of right now I'd consider it a question mark.

The level of defensive talent he faced in the Big 12 is also a question mark, as the playoff game vs LSU showed that the talent levels over there just don't compare to the big 4 or 5 CFB power brokers. That being said, Lamb was still able to get 120 yards even with a team literally imploding around him, so that is major points in his favor.

There's a lot to like with Lamb, but I don't consider him bust-proof in the same way as say Jeudy.

I
I see Lamb as a Dez Bryant/Michael Thomas type and my no.1 ahead of Jeudy. He's the type of guy I'd cringe seeing matched up on Awuzie. Juedy has a higher floor but I like Lamb and think he's going to have a bigger influence in the RedZone.

I have Juedy ahead of Lamb but it's super close...but agree with your eval.

Jeudy is an elite route runner with 4.4 speed. He has an incredibly high floor and I actually see Cooper as a comp.

Lamb is thin but he has the frame to play at 210ish LBS. If he can bulk up a little and improve route running I see him as a Hopkins/Thomas type.

My Dez comp is Higgins...but don't see him as quite as explosive as Dez. Higgins length / catch radius / body control are all elite...I just don't think he has quite the same short area quickness and explosiveness as Dez. I'd love Tee in the 2nd as I think he could be a great red zone weapon for us.