Great Job Jerry Jones and Cowboy Org.

Bizwah

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
or had a decent kicker.

I agree here.....but I think the injuries hurt us worse.

Flo
Crayton
Dat
Singleton
Henry
Julius
These were not injuries that took a couple of weeks to get over. These injuries were catastrophic. They were scheme-changers. And one or two catastrophic injuries a team can live with. We had mulitple injuries.....at critical positions (LT, RB, WR, and CB).

and before the season:
Rivera
Spears
Rogers
While these injuries weren't season-ending, they affected how we approached the season. Rivera's injury really hurt. We went from having two PB guards, to having just one.....and Rivera was never the same.

Spears injury hurt his development. Reports early from camp had him playing very well....up until the injury. He missed around a month of camp, and only played in one PS game.

Rogers was slated to be our starting RT. While his injury may have pointed out supposed weaknesses in character, it had a ripple-effect on our whole OL.

I think the talent was there for us to contend this last year. Another good offseason, and we're there......

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Cutting 7 million dollar backup players IS a good move no matter what you may think

True enough. The sad fact is simple. You just can't. It's that easy. You'd be robbing from Peter to rob from Paul.

Bizwah

Reaction score
davey999 said:
...what I just said... Everything they do is great...

I hated to see us cut Glover. He's one of my favorite players.

But it was a long-time coming. When Parcells was hired, there were rumblings that Ellis, Glover, Dat, and Coakley didn't fit what he wanted.

Glover's release was a cap-related move, but also a scheme-related move. He didn't quite fit......

So, combining his huge cap number, with his poor fit our scheme, equals release.

I hate to see us get rid of a great player, but the writing was on the wall...as it was with Coakley.....as it is with Ellis.

davey999

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I hated to see us cut Glover. He's one of my favorite players.

But it was a long-time coming. When Parcells was hired, there were rumblings that Ellis, Glover, Dat, and Coakley didn't fit what he wanted.

Glover's release was a cap-related move, but also a scheme-related move. He didn't quite fit......

So, combining his huge cap number, with his poor fit our scheme, equals release.

I hate to see us get rid of a great player, but the writing was on the wall...as it was with Coakley.....as it is with Ellis.

If we cut productive guys like Glover to bring in guys like Rivera and Ferguson, then I'm against it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
davey999 said:
If we cut productive guys like Glover to bring in guys like Rivera and Ferguson, then I'm against it.
Well you never know how someone is going to perform. But the fact is Glover would have been a backup this year and he would have been overpaid for that big time.