Great Romo stats on Mike & Mike

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
So I've read all the threads about how Romo sucks and this team isn't going anywhere with him. I've been critical, too, mostly out of frustration. But these stats showed me how much he means to the Cowboys (since his first start in 2006):66 TDs (1st in NFL)More than 8,700 yards passing (2nd in NFL)98.1 rating (2nd in NFL)23 wins (3rd in NFL)I know there are other stats such as turnovers that could show his negative impact on the team. But, to think that this team is better off without Romo is ridiculous. This team doesn't live or die on the hands of TO. This bus is driven by Romo. Plain and simple.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And for the well he wouldn't do it without the talent around him idiots...

Neither would any of these other top QB's.

Ask Drew Bledsoe how easy it is to be an NFL QB with great talent surrounding you.

Hell Bledsoe even had Terry Glenn playing the best ball of his life.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah it's a shame that Romo just kills us so much with his terrible turnover play. God if only he was one of those QBs who won most of the time when he starts...oh, wait...

alby

Reaction score
I think the most important stat that us fans really care about are his playoff wins/losses. I, along with some members on this board, thinks he has what it takes to get it done. Nothing in life comes without a few growing pains!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
alby;2337489 said:
I think the most important stat that us fans really care about are his playoff wins/losses. I, along with some members on this board, thinks he has what it takes to get it done. Nothing in life comes without a few growing pains!

I think P Manning started his playoff career 0-3 and got blown out in several of those games because he choked the game away.

alby

Reaction score
CATCH17;2337499 said:
I think P Manning started his playoff career 0-3 and got blown out in several of those games because he choked the game away.
Let's hope 0-2 is enough for Romo.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The problem with stats like that is who besides him qualifies for that many games? Or is at least close enough to compare. Off the top of my head.

NFC East
Eli does.
Donovan does not. Missed games in 2006 and 2007.
Campbell does not. Missed games in 2007.

NFC North
Bears. Yeah right.
Kitna does minus last week.
Favre does. Yes, I know he's a Jet now.
Vikings, nope.

NFC South
Falcons. Nope
Delhomme does not. Missed most of last year.
Brees does.
Buccaneers, nope.

NFC West
Cardinals, nope.
Hasselbeck comes close. He missed 3 or 4 games in the middle of 2006.
49ers, nope.
Bulger, nope. Missed games last year and this year.

AFC East
Bills, nope.
Dolphins, nope.
Brady comes close. His stats will be up there despite the games missed this year.
Jets, nope.

AFC North
Ravens, nope.
Palmer does minus one game this year.
Browns, nope.
Roethlesberger comes close. Missed one game in 2006 and 1 in 2007.

AFC South
Texans, nope.
Peyton, does.
Jaguars, nope.
Young does not. Missed time this year.

AFC West
Cutler does not.
Chiefs, nope.
Raiders, Nope.
Rivers does.

So he's being compared in a group of about 10 guys for those numbers.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
CATCH17;2337499 said:

This is exactly what they were talking about. Romo has only played a little more than 2 seasons, yet everyone is comparing him to the best QBs in the game. He's still learning.

rangers71

Reaction score
Hostile;2337532 said:
The problem with stats like that is who besides him qualifies for that many games? Or is at least close enough to compare. Off the top of my head.

NFC East
Eli does.
Donovan does not. Missed games in 2006 and 2007.
Campbell does not. Missed games in 2007.

NFC North
Bears. Yeah right.
Kitna does minus last week.
Favre does. Yes, I know he's a Jet now.
Vikings, nope.

NFC South
Falcons. Nope
Delhomme does not. Missed most of last year.
Brees does.
Buccaneers, nope.

NFC West
Cardinals, nope.
Hasselbeck comes close. He missed 3 or 4 games in the middle of 2006.
49ers, nope.
Bulger, nope. Missed games last year and this year.

AFC East
Bills, nope.
Dolphins, nope.
Brady comes close. His stats will be up there despite the games missed this year.
Jets, nope.

AFC North
Ravens, nope.
Palmer does minus one game this year.
Browns, nope.
Roethlesberger comes close. Missed one game in 2006 and 1 in 2007.

AFC South
Texans, nope.
Peyton, does.
Jaguars, nope.
Young does not. Missed time this year.

AFC West
Cutler does not.
Chiefs, nope.
Raiders, Nope.
Rivers does.

So he's being compared in a group of about 10 guys for those numbers.

Thanks for helping to prove the point that he is better than 90% of the QB's in the league. Don't you think that most of those teams would take Romo over what they have? I think you know the answer to that question.

bpfred

Reaction score
What follows is my opinion: This team has tended to reflect the play of Romo more than anything else. When he was sharp, they looked unbeatable. When he was inaccurate, or turning the ball over, they are beatable.

The defense is average--they don't tend to win or lose games on their own. The special teams are below average--they haven't tended to win or lose games on their own (Sunday being the exception).

The running game is above average--but not game-winning dominant. A great deal of their success depends on quarterback play.

Ender

Reaction score
bpfred;2338009 said:
What follows is my opinion: This team has tended to reflect the play of Romo more than anything else. When he was sharp, they looked unbeatable. When he was inaccurate, or turning the ball over, they are beatable.

The defense is average--they don't tend to win or lose games on their own. The special teams are below average--they haven't tended to win or lose games on their own (Sunday being the exception).

The running game is above average--but not game-winning dominant. A great deal of their success depends on quarterback play.

well I have to disagree with that, the team success depends on the THE OLINE, when will people understand that. I mean god, when our oline plays great we can put up number, we can run the ball. It doesn't matter whose running the ball or who's passing the ball the success of our offence depends on the time our qb has. His fumbles are on the oline not Romo. You people need to wake up and understand what the real problem is.

cwbyfn1957

Reaction score
rangers71;2337619 said:
Thanks for helping to prove the point that he is better than 90% of the QB's in the league. Don't you think that most of those teams would take Romo over what they have? I think you know the answer to that question.

AMEN Brother!:bow:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2337448 said:
So I've read all the threads about how Romo sucks and this team isn't going anywhere with him. I've been critical, too, mostly out of frustration. But these stats showed me how much he means to the Cowboys (since his first start in 2006):66 TDs (1st in NFL)More than 8,700 yards passing (2nd in NFL)98.1 rating (2nd in NFL)23 wins (3rd in NFL)I know there are other stats such as turnovers that could show his negative impact on the team. But, to think that this team is better off without Romo is ridiculous. This team doesn't live or die on the hands of TO. This bus is driven by Romo. Plain and simple.

Word.

If the kid didn't have to escape a defender every single play last week maybe he would been able to hit T.O. on a few big plays.

The offensive line is playing like crap all of a sudden.