Great video of Bradley Anae

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Is this Scott Mitchell's first time on TV? First time analyzing game footage too? This was brutal. Happy with the pick but lol.

"Look here how he..just..he goes past the guy there and gets what we call a sack.

Right here he just..whoop..gets him.

This guy can really like..he rushes the QB. And that's what you have to do.

He plays edge..which is like..he rushes from the edge. Like from the outside."

Yikes..

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I hope he is as big for us as Scott Mitchell is now:laugh:

Seriously I can't wait to see all these guys in training camp:flagwave:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shorter arms and combine testing was poor. His testing wasnt that bad just his 40 time. He doesnt have the best bend but he can freakin play

Chaisson 6'3", 254, arms 32-1/4"

Anae 6'3-3/8", 257, arms 32-1/8"

I'm NOT saying that he is on the same level as Chaisson, but if Chaisson is a mid-1st then Anae seems like he would be a 2nd round pick.

He had 30 sacks in college, with 41.5 tackles for loss and 6 forced fumbles.

Chaisson had 9.5 sacks, 19 tackles for loss and 1 forced fumble.

Even just looking at 2019:
- Anae 13 sacks and 14 tackles for loss.
- Chaisson 6.6 sacks and 13 tackles for loss.

Obviously the Pac-12 is not quite the SEC but it's division I college footage.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

I'm NOT saying that he is on the same level as Chaisson, but if Chaisson is a mid-1st then Anae seems like he would be a 2nd round pick.

I love that we didn't take Chaisson. The unknown was too much of a gamble and with Anae you get that same kinda guy with a lot less gamble.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Im with you. I am not a chaisson fan. His lack of production with elite traits is very concerning. Especially after watching his tape and seeing most of his sacks came off stunts and not just him dominating his matchup. I think chaisson will be taco level. Anae can play his hand usage they say is the best in the draft

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This guy is a football player period. 40 times in football is not all parameters about being a player. I have seen alot of sub 4.4 guys not worth a darn.

ghst187

Reaction score
We may have gotten 3-5 eventual starters out of this draft....plus a couple of contributors.....well done

robertfchew

Reaction score
Is this Scott Mitchell's first time on TV? First time analyzing game footage too? This was brutal. Happy with the pick but lol.

"Look here how he..just..he goes past the guy there and gets what we call a sack.

Right here he just..whoop..gets him.

This guy can really like..he rushes the QB. And that's what you have to do.

He plays edge..which is like..he rushes from the edge. Like from the outside."

Yikes..

Most announcers/talking heads are that bad.

Techsass

Reaction score
I don't want to predict because plenty of pass rushers don't do much in the NFL despite being good in college and appearing to have the required physical ability. There have been many athletic freaks that didn't do much while players like DLaw succeed despite just OK measurable(s). All picks are an exercise in probability and I see his probability of success right up there with players drafted in the 2nd round.
same for me.I am holding down my excitement for this pick because DEs with way better measurables didnt do anything in the NFL .Some his traits can translate to the NFL but we will see in Training camp.
Oh I get that, which is why I said maybe not as a Cowboy. My short take on him is that he has that fire to be good.

DanA

Reaction score
It looks like 90% of his wins come from a speed chop/two-hand shuck and he needs to find more ways to win than that. And he needs to learn to play the run but he has some tools to work with.

Zman5

Reaction score
Chris Simms thinks he has potential to be a perennial 8-11 sack guy. Compared him to Za'darius Smith. Video was before the draft. Starts at 21:13.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Once again, you’re just demonstrating you don’t know what you’re looking at on the field in terms of projectible traits, so you’re left trying to simplify it down to things you can comprehend: big numbers beats little number = that means he’s a better pro prospect.

32 NFL scouting departments/evaluators including the Cowboys passed on Anae multiple times. Again, the only thing keeping him from being taken in the 6th round or later was the Cowboys taking him with the very last pick in the 5th round.

You think somehow a supposed obvious talent at a premium position like pass rusher is going to drop simply based off a 40 time? No.

Last edited:

Carter

Reaction score
People still overvalue a 40 yard Dash. Its so dumb for Linemen to run 40 yards.

How many times will a DE run 40 yards on a play?

The 10 yard Split is way more interesting and his 10 yards split is pretty fast.

Also some players are fast without Pads and lose a lot of Speed when they put Pads on.

Anae has Speed with Pads on.

The only thing i dislike about him is that hes an Eagles Fan.