Greatest Draft In NFL History (1983)

Flamma

Reaction score
Its an interesting "what if". Far more interesting than Moss IMO. Moss likely would have pouted his way of of Dallas by 2002

Dallas drafts Elway......do they trade Walker? Or do they try and win with Elway and Walker? How good is that team without Emmit and the guys we got in the Walker deal
A lot more interesting than Moss. Elway could have changed the Cowboys direction. They traded Walker because the team was so bad. He was a valuable asset. Would the Cowboys have been that bad in 1988? If they were, I have to believe they still make the trade. Or does Jimmy trade Elway?

Either way, I find it hard to believe we would have had better results than what actually happened.

RoboQB

Reaction score
who knows how many stories like that are in each teams history? Though as I said I really doubt this would have made a lot of difference. NOW IF Elway was with the Boys then when Jerry Buys the team we do not have to use a first to get a QB. so who do we get in the 89 draft for the first pick; and of course with Elway we probably do better anyway and do not have the first pick.
Since this was before FA, we still have him. do we win more SBs? hard to tell.
Like I said before, it was just an interesting story. Especially, if you watch the doc. Elway says his hero was Roger Staubach and his agent discusses the trade that was in place until Robert Irsay squashed it.

In contrast, if you're watching the NYG Hard Knocks series, John Mara walks into his GMs office and announces he doesn't think he could sleep at night if they lost Saquan Barkley. The next day he's an Eagle.
The owner was told and just walked away hands in pockets and head down...lol