Greatest Metal song ever

jsb357

Reaction score
Scorpions...

Now I know I might be picking at straws here and the Scorpions are
one of my favorites however...

The lead singers voice is a little to ballady (i know that;s not a word)
so for me, I can't call it "metal".

An intense and inspiring band with a "metal capable" core that has many great tunes.

My favorite.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Waaaay too many to list because there are so many and by many different bands. This isn't the best metal song of all time but IMO it's one of them. It does have Metal in the title after-all. Metal Heart from Accept is a personal favorite of mine. When I first heard the "Restless & Wild" album I was blown away. Totally different from what I was listening to at the time with tracks Like Fast as a Shark (a speed metal song that predates the Big-4), Restless & Wild, Princess of the Dawn, etc. I don't think they toured here in San Antonio for that album but they did for their Metal Heart album. Helix and Keel opened. Accept totally blew me away. Their sound, their stage presence and their mob style back-up vocals made me a huge fan. My all time favorite band, Van Halen, had broken up so I was looking for a replacement band so they came along at the right time.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Waaaay too many to list because there are so many and by many different bands. This isn't the best metal song of all time but IMO it's one of them. It does have Metal in the title after-all. Metal Heart from Accept is a personal favorite of mine. When I first heard the "Restless & Wild" album I was blown away. Totally different from what I was listening to at the time with tracks Like Fast as a Shark (a speed metal song that predates the Big-4), Restless & Wild, Princess of the Dawn, etc. I don't think they toured here in San Antonio for that album but they did for their Metal Heart album. Helix and Keel opened. Accept totally blew me away. Their sound, their stage presence and their mob style back-up vocals made me a huge fan. My all time favorite band, Van Halen, had broken up so I was looking for a replacement band so they came along at the right time.

That whole album is great.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Scorpions...

Now I know I might be picking at straws here and the Scorpions are
one of my favorites however...

The lead singers voice is a little to ballady (i know that;s not a word)
so for me, I can't call it "metal".

An intense and inspiring band with a "metal capable" core that has many great tunes.

My favorite.

Scorpions were kinda in between, their early years had more of a metal edge then evolved into a more hard rock sound. They definitely had a lot of success with those power ballads, but a young Klaus could scream in those early years.