Greatest SB You Ever Watched?

zerofill

Reaction score
Omg. You people are way to young. The 90’s were great. If JJ and JJ didn’t rock the boat we would have won at least 4 SBs in a row.

I am 46... 47 in November... I remember them very well. I actually watched them not to long ago, just to feel good again lol.

Unfortunately, I don't know if any of the younger fans in this thread will get to see one anytime soon. Been a long long drought for America's Team.

We are going to have to go find a witch or some voodoo / shaman or something lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
Besides Cowboys victories, mine are Super Bowls 22 and 24. I took the Commanders -20 and the 49ers -23 1/2 and both times walked away with 450 bucks. The only reason I didn't be more is because that was just about my take home pay for the week. I still lived at home so it was no biggy. Since then I never attempted another bet like that. But the excitement of sitting through those two blowouts is second only to Cowboys victories.

An aside. The line for SB 22 was Denver -3. What the hell were the gamblers thinking? Did they not watch the season?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Epic beatdown - Broncos over Panthers
Flawless Victory - Seattle over Broncos
Choke a SB Part One - Patriots over Seattle
Choke a SB Part Two - Patriots over Atlanta (thank you Matt Ryan and Shannahan for doing so)
Buy a ref in a SB - Steelers over AZ

Sadly I missed out on the last Cowboys appearances as I chose to be outside rather than watch my team in the biggest game, and I regret it to this day. As a kid I told myself I'll just watch it next time....because I just assumed they'd easily make it again in the 96 season, 97, etc....

Hard to pick a favorite, maybe the Bucs over Raiders as it seemed like most thought the Raiders offense wouldn't be stopped, same as Broncos over SCam Newton. Or Denver vs Packers or Rams vs Titans in the 90s.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Super Bowl 10 Dallas vs Pitt because I was at the game. Back then avg fan could actually afford to go to the SB. The week of the NFC Championship game my dad told me he got tickets to the SB but Dallas had to face the Rams who were favored to win. Talk about nerve wreaking as that game kicked off but Dallas would end up trouncing the Rams and we were headed to Miami for the SB. When we got to Miami we drove to Fort Lauderdale to the Cowboys hotel few mins after we got there the team bus pulled up and all my hero's exited the bus and I got to meet and get autographs from pretty everyone. Talk about a kid in heaven

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Super Bowl XXVII. Cowboys blow out Buffalo. Was one huge party and the first Cowboys Super Bowl I was old enough to really enjoy.

^^THIS^^

I live an hour away from Buffalo, had a girlfriend at the time that was a huge Buffalo fan and had a bet with her on the game with the prize being X-rated. Never been so happy, yet so relaxed, after a Cowboy win!!! :facepalm:

RoboQB

Reaction score
I am 46... 47 in November... I remember them very well. I actually watched them not to long ago, just to feel good again lol.

Unfortunately, I don't know if any of the younger fans in this thread will get to see one anytime soon. Been a long long drought for America's Team.

We are going to have to go find a witch or some voodoo / shaman or something lol.

I got ya by 6 months. Thank God we're old enough to have enjoyed the 90s run.
52-17 was so awesome to watch! It's almost indescribable to the younger guys.
I all for the voodoo/shaman thing. Whatever it takes, I'm in. Should we sacrifice a chicken?...lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
52-17 is far and away my favorite. All the Cowboys SBs are up there for me.
Even the ones I didn't see or don't remember. I was born in 1971.

Someone mentioned Montana's TD drive. That was a great game to watch despite
the relatively low score.

Just to keep the ball rolling here. If you're a true Cowboys fan, you must've loved
watching the Raiders blow out the Commanders record-setting offense 38-9. I know I did.
I live near the DC area so, yeah, it was fun for me.

The second half of the Panthers vs. Patriots SB was pure excitement.

Great thread. Props to the OP!

csirl

Reaction score
I have a sentimental attachment to the Cowboys blow out of the Bills in Pasadena. First of the 90s run of wins.

The one non-Cowboys SB that sticks with me is the 49ers v Bengals in the 80s. The one where Montana reportedly pointed to the crowd and said "there's John Candy....." while in the hundle for the winning drive late in the 4th.

JustChip

Reaction score
SB 13, even though the Cowboys lost. I know the question wasn’t Cowboy-centric, but if the ‘boys ain’t in, who cares?

Now, for non-Dallas SB’s, the Tennessee~St. Louis SB was it.

JustChip

Reaction score
I got ya by 6 months. Thank God we're old enough to have enjoyed the 90s run.
52-17 was so awesome to watch! It's almost indescribable to the younger guys.
I all for the voodoo/shaman thing. Whatever it takes, I'm in. Should we sacrifice a chicken?...lol
The younger guys? Hell, they’re whipper snappers, you’re ‘the younger guys” to us old farts that got to witness the Ice Bowl.:)

RoboQB

Reaction score
The younger guys? Hell, they’re whipper snappers, you’re ‘the younger guys” to us old farts that got to witness the Ice Bowl.:)

Lol. I was trying to be nice.
Man, could you imagine Dandy Don Meredith in his heyday on social media.
He's probably my favorite player that I was too young to see. Literally before my time, lol.

I didn't exist the first ten years and was too young to know much about the next ten years of
Cowboys history, but you better believe I've read every book and watched every NFL Films
piece I could manage to find.

Hopefully, the whipper snappers get to experience a championship one day soon.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All the SBs the Cowboys played in the 70s were great games- even the ones we lost.

SB V, 1970, we lost to the Colts 16-13 in a game we should have won easily. SB VI- 1971- our first SB win- a 24-3 domination over the dolphins. SB X- 1975- the “dirty dozen” team that overachieved and took the Steelers down to wire before losing 21-17. SB XII- 1977 team that was truly dominant. Beat the Broncos 27-10. SB XIII- 1978- one of the best SB games ever played, we lost 35-31 to a great Steelers team.

A play, here or play there, and the Cowboys could have won three more SBs in the 70s. It was the most dominant decade in this team’s history.
Yep..

The Cowboys Super Bowls were the best. All of them. The ones in the 70’s rank first then the 90’s.

Outside the Cowboys Super Bowls Id have to rank Super Bowl 3 as my favorite since it was the 1st and making history with Broadway Joe, a cultural icon in the 60’s.

As a kid growing up in the 60’s there was no one bigger than life in the NFL than Namath.

JustChip

Reaction score
Lol. I was trying to be nice.
Man, could you imagine Dandy Don Meredith in his heyday on social media.
He's probably my favorite player that I was too young to see. Literally before my time, lol.

I didn't exist the first ten years and was too young to know much about the next ten years of
Cowboys history, but you better believe I've read every book and watched every NFL Films
piece I could manage to find.

Hopefully, the whipper snappers get to experience a championship one day soon.

Oh, Dandy Don would've been a hoot on social media. He was very under-appreciated here. I saw him shopping at a Sears in Dallas in something like 1972 or '73. It was the summer and he was in shorts - I was blown away by just how skinny his legs were.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh, Dandy Don would've been a hoot on social media. He was very under-appreciated here. I saw him shopping at a Sears in Dallas in something like 1972 or '73. It was the summer and he was in shorts - I was blown away by just how skinny his legs were.
The under appreciation and criticism he took was over hyped IMO. He was afterall the first player inducted into the Ring of Honor.

If he wasn’t so battered in his early years he might could have eventually led us to our 1st Super Bowl. If you didn’t live to watch him throwing the ball to Bullet Bob Hayes, Frank Clarke and Lance Rentzel you misssed one of the greatest passing attacks in the 60’s.

Don had a great arm and one of the best in his era IMO. If we had gotten by the Packers he’d probably be in the HOF.

JustChip

Reaction score
The under appreciation and criticism he took was over hyped IMO. He was afterall the first player inducted into the Ring of Honor.

If he wasn’t so battered in his early years he might could have eventually led us to our 1st Super Bowl. If you didn’t live to watch him throwing the ball to Bullet Bob Hayes, Frank Clarke and Lance Rentzel you misssed one of the greatest passing attacks in the 60’s.

Don had a great arm and one of the best in his era IMO. If we had gotten by the Packers he’d probably be in the HOF.

For some reason, I don't really have any specific memories of Clarke. Bullet Bob is a different story - the dude was electric. I vividly remember seeing Don to him for a 70ish TD pass in '65 or '66 at the Cotton Bowl (I seem to remember it was against Warshington). He was a good 5 yards behind the DB and Don hit him in stride 40 yards down field. Don threw a beautiful deep ball.

Don was definitely lambasted by the media and fans, but not by the organization. The love affair Cowboys fans had, and still do, with the backup QB started with Don and Morton.

Bob Lilly was tagged Mr. Cowboy, but it was only fitting Don be the inaugural RoH inductee since essentially he was the first Cowboy.

erod

Reaction score
Unquestionably, the first one.

Hittites 24, Mesopotamians 23

The Iron Ores won on a late field goal by Tudhaliya Bailey.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For some reason, I don't really have any specific memories of Clarke. Bullet Bob is a different story - the dude was electric. I vividly remember seeing Don to him for a 70ish TD pass in '65 or '66 at the Cotton Bowl (I seem to remember it was against Warshington). He was a good 5 yards behind the DB and Don hit him in stride 40 yards down field. Don threw a beautiful deep ball.

Don was definitely lambasted by the media and fans, but not by the organization. The love affair Cowboys fans had, and still do, with the backup QB started with Don and Morton.

Bob Lilly was tagged Mr. Cowboy, but it was only fitting Don be the inaugural RoH inductee since essentially he was the first Cowboy.
Clarke was the Cowboys first offensive weapon. He led the league in recieving one year. He died last month and the last from the original 1960 team.
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-former-WR-Frank-Clarke-dies-at-84-120114131/