Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLV Game Thread

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3837079 said:
The way to beat this team is by getting pressure on Rogers and running the football consistently. Catch, I hear what you are saying but the way I see it, Rogers is probably the best QB in the league right now. He's too accurate and he has good mobility. He will beat the best DBs in the league if he has time. You have to make him get rid of the ball and you have to limit his possesions. Run clock, score points and shorten the game. That's how you beat this team.

Either that or don't throw a pick 6.

The packers are beatable.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3837124 said:
Based on what?

Brady and Manning are clearly better statistically, Brady has more rings has less talent around him as does Manning. Manning only has 1 ring but he doesn't have a defense like Green bay.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3837136 said:
Brady and Manning are clearly better statistically, Brady has more rings has less talent around him as does Manning. Manning only has 1 ring but he doesn't have a defense like Green bay.

Not true. Brady had a better QB rating during the year but Manning didn't. In the post season, Rogers was hands down better. It's not even close.

Also, to say that Rogers had a much better defense is not really accurate either. Green Bay was seriously banged up this year. They are missing a lot of guys and have been for most of the year. I don't know that your statement on the quality of each team is accurate.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3837154 said:
Not true. Brady had a better QB rating during the year but Manning didn't. In the post season, Rogers was hands down better. It's not even close.

You put Brady or Manning on Green Bay and they are hands down better in the playoffs

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3837158 said:
You put Brady or Manning on Green Bay and they are hands down better in the playoffs

This is opinion, nothing more.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to be lucky too. It's amazing that none of those tipped balls/drops by the Packers WRs were picked off

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;3837191 said:
Sometimes you just have to be lucky too. It's amazing that none of those tipped balls/drops by the Packers WRs were picked off

Very true. Had that been us, they would have picked half of them and returned at least 2 for TDs. Just the way the year went for us.

hutch1254

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you Green Bay. It respect your tradition, I hate your team but not as much as Pittsburgh.

greg08

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3837094 said:
Rodgers is not better than Brady or Manning.
out with the old, in with the new. rodgers is going to dominate this leagues for the next 5 years

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
greg08;3837290 said:
out with the old, in with the new. rodgers is going to dominate this leagues for the next 5 years

The same things being said about the packers tonight were said about the giants after they beat the pats.

Then burress went to jail and spagnuolo went to St.Louis.

It will be interesting to see how they react to the changes all winning teams go through.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
theebs;3837321 said:
The same things being said about the packers tonight were said about the giants after they beat the pats.

It will be interesting to see how they react to the changes all winning teams go through.

Actually, this is not about the teams themselves. The statement, I believe, was specific to Rogers. I too think he's going to be at the top, if not the top QB, in the league for the next several seasons.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3837328 said:
Actually, this is not about the teams themselves. The statement, I believe, was specific to Rogers. I too think he's going to be at the top, if not the top QB, in the league for the next several seasons.

ahh thanks I didnt read the whole thing here just a few posts.

Rodgers deserves whatever accolades he gets. This should have been a blowout but thanks to his wideouts not doing their job it came down to a final drive.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3837136 said:

Sorry, but that's a strawman's argument.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
theebs;3837321 said:

Rodgers is better than Eli though, by far.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jimmy40;3836986 said:
well that pick 6 by a DB was pretty big ABQ.

it was, and it was caused because Raperburger was getting hit as he threw, causing the ball to be grossly underthrown

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3837094 said:
Rodgers is not better than Brady or Manning.

Right he is, without question.

I doubt any GM in football would start a a team and pick either of those guys over Rodgers.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3837158 said:

You put Manning or Brady behind GB's OL, and neither of them do what Rodgers does. Both of those guys are immobile as hell.

Both those guys have had great careers, but right now, today, Rodgers is the better QB. He has a betetr arm than either of them, is more accurate than either of them and is more mobile than either of them. He also played sensational in the postseason, something neither of those other two did. And for Brady thats pretty much 3 postseason clunkers in a row now.