Greg Ellis -has he ever played better?

dboyz

Reaction score
Has this guy ever played better than what he's playing at now? I don't know if it is Wade's schems or something else, but Ellis is playing well and is a real difference maker. I think he'll easily pass double digit sacks this year.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Ellis has 6.5 sacks this year.. the guy is playin good though.. i think its in part cause of wades schems

Nav22

Reaction score
6.5 sacks in 6 games... stretched out over a 16 game season, that's 17 sacks. Keep it up, Greg.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think having other guys who can put pressure on has helped Ellis. In past years Ellis was pretty much the loan man when it came to rushing the passer now you have others to contend with and can't focus on Ellis

BBQ101

Reaction score
dboyz;1761407 said:
Has this guy ever played better than what he's playing at now? I don't know if it is Wade's schems or something else, but Ellis is playing well and is a real difference maker. I think he'll easily pass double digit sacks this year.

Greg is averaging just over a sack a game since he came back. Someone posted about three weeks ago that the defence seems better, but that we are not seeing anyone flourish like in some of Wade's previous defenses. I posted that I think Ellis is the one we are seeing flourish.

Greg is having a dang fine year, and I think we saw how much he meant to the defense last year. Ellis was always a 7-8-9 sack a year guy, but basically his whole career, he has been the only one as far as consistant pass rush. Now that he has a true pass rushing force opposite him, we are seeing what he truly is: A VERY good player. He plays the run very well, and he can get after the quarterback.

So In my opinion, its scheme, and finally having another true pass rushing force opposite him. He and Ware really compliment each other well.

It's good to see the pressure we are generating. The Gnats were allowing about a sack a game this year. We had 5 against them. The pressure is starting to come. This defense is getting better each week.

BBQ

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Its helping him that he doesn't have to play every snap either. Generally speaking, he knows that his role on this team as a pass-rusher now, not the every down d-lineman that he was before.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
dboyz;1761407 said:

Yes the year he has his leg broke it was what his second year he was on fire until that happen and they had to put screws in his leg

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
dallasfan;1761593 said:
good thing jerry didn't listen to the cut him crowd

Or those that said he would never be the same after the injury. Lots of crow many haven’t eaten.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Maybe Greg finally got some better talent around him. It always amazed me that some would say, "He's the only link to those awful Campo teams", as if he were more the cause of those bad teams than the collection of scrubs we ran out in those days.

Oh... And Greg finally got a defensive coordinator/coach that knows how to coach a pass rush. ;)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
he's always been a good player, I'm glad we didnt let him go

he just never got any credit from the bone head crowd here

David

dallasfan

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1761656 said:
Maybe Greg finally got some better talent around him. It always amazed me that some would say, "He's the only link to those awful Campo teams", as if he were more the cause of those bad teams than the collection of scrubs we ran out in those days.

Oh... And Greg finally got a defensive coordinator/coach that knows how to coach a pass rush. ;)

Flozzell Adams was drafted the same year as Ellis

Reaction score
dboyz;1761407 said:

he is playing pretty well, no question. i don't recall that he has ever had this good a supporting cast to work with, tho...

Zman5

Reaction score
How ironic that he may finally get double digit sacks in the season where everyone thought he may be done.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I guess some coach was right when he felt Greg was custom suited for the "guinea pig" position.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1761499 said:
I think having other guys who can put pressure on has helped Ellis. In past years Ellis was pretty much the loan man when it came to rushing the passer now you have others to contend with and can't focus on Ellis

Thats lone like in lonestar state.