Greg Hardy: 'This has been the most awesome period of my life, I'm a Dallas Cowboy'

RS12

Reaction score
Here are some other highlights.

-- On this period of his life: "This has been the most awesome period of my life, I'm a Dallas Cowboy. Dream come true."

-- On if he has any remorse or regret about what led to him being suspended four games: "I'm sorry that I couldn't be here for my teammates. The worst feeling in the world is not being there for somebody you care about or somebody that needs you."

-- On if he has any intention of working with domestic violence programs: "I think the best way to win the game is stick to the game plan. If you've been running the ball good and doing everything you're supposed to do, you should keep doing everything that you're supposed to do. Why would you do anything different when circumstances change? Right?"

-- On why he didn't challenge the suspension: "Because I'm a Cowboy. We do what's best for the team and what's best for the team is for us to play."

-- On the statement he would like to make Sunday: "God Bless America."

-- His "favorite and worst part" of his day: going against Tyron Smith in practice.

-- On being a Cowboy beyond this year: "I hope it lasts 12 more years."

-- On how he views facing Brady in his Cowboys debut: "The same way I did last time I saw him, hopefully on the ground."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...ome-period-of-my-life-i-m-a-dallas-cowboy.ece

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm really starting to like Greg Hardy a lot.

Same. And I'm the guy who said he shouldn't be resigned due to the Gregory pick. Haha

Though, he could come in and stink it up. I just think he has a great attitude. Him and a healthy Lee on the field and their attitudes towards football will be great.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
For as much bad press as Hardy has gotten due to his incident, he comes off as a really great guy when interviewed (I know, this isn't always telling). Even the way he spoke about Carolina made me like him. Not a single bad thing to say, just grateful.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Greg handled the media well, avoided the media "trap" questions, shut down Fish twice (Fish looked scared) and still demonstrated gratitude and focus on the job.

Also, demonstrated care for his fellow teammates, just handled himself well, proud to be a Cowboy too!

"This has been the most awesome period of my life, I'm a Dallas Cowboy. Dream come true."

RunDMC

Reaction score
We cannot list this guy go after this year. A line featuring the likes of Hardy, Gregory, Lawrence, and Crawford will be a nightmare for opposing offensive lines for years to come.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Hardy needs to read up on what grey matter is, lol. Funny.

He's pretty much everything he was advertised to be as a teammate, though. And I will say, he's handled everything since he's been here the right way. Keeping quiet on the suspension and not letting it be a distraction. Getting out of the way in that altercation with OAK in camp. Not talking to the press much, or complaining. Other than his Twin Towers comment, he's been circumspect.

Love the 'don't change your game plan if it's working' answer.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
We cannot list this guy go after this year. A line featuring the likes of Hardy, Gregory, Lawrence, and Crawford will be a nightmare for opposing offensive lines for years to come.

BTW - don't forget Irving - he's made a huge impact on the coaching staff in just two weeks and he could be McClay's next diamond in the rough. Broaddus raved about him in his film review on Monday.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Jerry will make him a lifer !
In another thread I stated that Hardy is kinda like Dez in the way his infectious attitude and play will pump up the other players around him. Be to the D what Dez is to the O. He's just a little "off". His team mates will love him, while opposing players will hate him - ala the newly inducted hall of famer from the Cowboys.....Charles Haley.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Out of curiousity I looked up the Bob McGinn - NFL Scout comments on Hardy from McGinn's 2010 draft series:

Various scouts described him as a "strange bird," "space cadet," "an oddball" and "just a weird guy." Said one scout: "He's the most talented D-lineman in the draft, but you don't know what you're going to get with him. His rookie year he may be easy to coach and you may get eight to 10 sacks out of him, but then he may turn into an (expletive). Very aloof. Not accountable. Can't trust him. Injured a great deal." Started 13 games in 2006-'07 but didn't start any of the 18 games that he played the last two years. "Coaches aren't crazy," another scout said. "He went to the East-West Game, and he was the best player in it. But psychologically, something's not right." Finished with 147 tackles (39 1/2 for loss) and 26 1/2 sacks. "I saw him single-handedly two years ago beat Florida," a third scout said. "He knows how to do it all. But he could bust very easily." Played 16 games for the Ole Miss basketball team in 2006-'07. Wonderlic of 19. "He's got great hands and feet," a fourth scout said. "He works them together and can just disappear on a guy. But it's two plays out of 70. He just is not a real confrontational player. He's a big-time underachiever."

Looks he has always been a bit of an oddball. It also looks like everyone always recognized him as super talented. Obviously he got the NFL and figured out how to bring it every play.
Scouting reports like this are just one of a thousand examples of what a crap shoot the draft can be.