Greg Hardy to fight on UFC's Contender Series

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Good! He's a man who didn't do jail time and lost his career. I'm glad he has a chance to complete in some sport and use his athleticism to make money. We have politicians and business owners who have done far worse than he has and to far more people and haven't lost their lively hood. I'm rooting for him.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I believe if he has average technique, he can be a monster. Jon jones has trained for years, but its his athleticism that makes him great. He's taller and bigger than everyone in his weight, so average skill is magnified. He should work on wrestling. He'll have knockout power just because of his size.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I love Greg Hardy.

What a freak of nature. Freaking Freak.

I wish he was on our team still. Even with our sudden DE depth. He on the right side, oppo taco DLaw would be amazing. Prior to last year, DLaw never played as well as he did when Hardy was here. Up until the end, Hardy held the respect of his fellow DL. He messed up when he said the Giselle stuff, followed up by Holder releasing the photos. It got to him, then he slapped the clipboard out of Bisaccia's hand and showed up late a couple times.

Well, we just saw how practice and the film room is treated by certain star players (on All or Nothing), it's no wonder, or would come to no surprise, to find that Hardy wasn't addressed until it was too late, and in the form of avoidance. I'm sure our coaches cowered in his presence and unclenched when he left. Jimmy would've corralled him and let him loose. Released the Kraken!

He could have been had for (seemingly) pennys on the dollar. A 12-16 sack RDE for what, $7-8M a year?

And then no one touched him. Wow. So I can't blame the Cowboys here. Only wish we had taken the risk, again. This time with a less chaotic lead up to his signing. A softer cushion, if you will. Less media maelstrom. It was a circus the first go, especially when Nicole, his accuser, released the photos mid season. Perhaps a second go, with all this behind him, and he goes about playing for the Cowboys differently. Playing in the NFL and what that means, a blessing not to be taken for granted.

I hope he crushes it for the UFC (as a UFC fan) in a couple weeks here and lands this second career doing something he wants to do.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I love Greg Hardy.

What a freak of nature. Freaking Freak.

I wish he was on our team still. Even with our sudden DE depth. He on the right side, oppo taco DLaw would be amazing. Prior to last year, DLaw never played as well as he did when Hardy was here. Up until the end, Hardy held the respect of his fellow DL. He messed up when he said the Giselle stuff, followed up by Holder releasing the photos. It got to him, then he slapped the clipboard out of Bisaccia's hand and showed up late a couple times.

Well, we just saw how practice and the film room is treated by certain star players (on All or Nothing), it's no wonder, or would come to no surprise, to find that Hardy wasn't addressed until it was too late, and in the form of avoidance. I'm sure our coaches cowered in his presence and unclenched when he left. Jimmy would've corralled him and let him loose. Released the Kraken!

He could have been had for (seemingly) pennys on the dollar. A 12-16 sack RDE for what, $7-8M a year?

And then no one touched him. Wow. So I can't blame the Cowboys here. Only wish we had taken the risk, again. This time with a less chaotic lead up to his signing. A softer cushion, if you will. Less media maelstrom. It was a circus the first go, especially when Nicole, his accuser, released the photos mid season. Perhaps a second go, with all this behind him, and he goes about playing for the Cowboys differently. Playing in the NFL and what that means, a blessing not to be taken for granted.

I hope he crushes it for the UFC (as a UFC fan) in a couple weeks here and lands this second career doing something he wants to do.

Hardy is a beast. He got a raw deal.

Proximo

Reaction score
Hardy gets a UFC contract. Amazing.

Looks like they’re going to “groom” him before putting him on an actual UFC card.

Which is smart.

He’s definitely scrappy and has good instincts but he’s VERY green and would likely take an L against a more savy, crafty, experienced fighter.

But the talent is definitely there. Big questions will be his cardio and ground game. But clearly he has athleticism and enough punching power to be scary already. He also ate a decent right hand from his opponent and it didn’t seem to phase him, so his chin may be decent too.

I think they’re going to want to book him on another episode of their “Contender” series or maybe on their “Lookin for a Fight” series. They’ve done similar arrangements with other green talents (get them under UFC contract but have them do other shows before actually putting them on a “real” UFC card.

Interesting nonetheless, and I’m a huge fight fan. It’ll be cool to have another wildcard in the (historically shallow) Heavyweight division.

zerofill

Reaction score
Well there is no doubt he needed an outlet for his aggression. This sport may actually make him a much better person, by having an outlet. No doubt he has punching power to spare... But man... the UFC top 10 heayweights... yeah they all hit like that lol. He need to have a few fights in at that level, before moving into that realm.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hardy gets a UFC contract. Amazing.
It really is, Risen. He just stops short of comparing himself to Bo Jackson (by, like, literally a few letters) on his Twitter, but if he keeps this up, it’s actually a valid comparison, imo. I’ll hold my horses before calling him a great in two professional sports, but if he keeps this up, it’s not so hot a take from the Kraken

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Well there is no doubt he needed an outlet for his aggression. This sport may actually make him a much better person, by having an outlet. No doubt he has punching power to spare... But man... the UFC top 10 heayweights... yeah they all hit like that lol. He need to have a few fights in at that level, before moving into that realm.
His “outlet for aggression” was as a damned RDE

It’s a disgrace he isn’t playing, imo.

We need monsters in our league, not Power Puff wah wah athletes. The NFL wants to be a Charmin finesse league. Hardy was a bloody, thrombosed hemorrhoid in a league of three-ply soft tp for easily irritated anuses (ani?).

At least UFC is getting it right on this one, and giving the beast a true shot at making it

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
Hardy just murked another guy on the show. 1st round KO. 17 seconds.

You see Dana's face? His pupils were dollar signs... He plans to take him slow I think... to try and build up a beast for big PPV buys.

He knows if he can promote him as a monster... The people that hate him will pay to see him get beat, and the people that like him will pay to see him win. He is all in love with Hardy by the look on his face lol.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hardy remains on his developmental contract. No UFC for now.
Do you know what the process for him still entails? He's Ronda Rousey'ing his way through his competition. I've heard him in interviews stating that he is training on all facets of his fighting. Ground game, striking, holds/submissions.

We may have a late bloomer, a la Couture on our hands here.