Greg Hardy to fight on UFC's Contender Series

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You see Dana's face? His pupils were dollar signs... He plans to take him slow I think... to try and build up a beast for big PPV buys.

He knows if he can promote him as a monster... The people that hate him will pay to see him get beat, and the people that like him will pay to see him win. He is all in love with Hardy by the look on his face lol.
Zero, what else does he need to do to graduate to UFC? Clearly, he's better than these people they're lining up against him. He needs to move up. What else is there to prove? Do you know what else he needs to do?

zerofill

Reaction score
Hell yeah, man.

If you find a the video for the fight before I do, can you post it?

It could probably be shown as an animated gif LOL... I have fight pass, so watched it there. But, I am sure it will be on YouTube within another hour heh.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You see Dana's face? His pupils were dollar signs... He plans to take him slow I think... to try and build up a beast for big PPV buys.

He knows if he can promote him as a monster... The people that hate him will pay to see him get beat, and the people that like him will pay to see him win. He is all in love with Hardy by the look on his face lol.

He told him after the fight to work on his wrestling.

We really know nothing about him as a fighter other than he hits hard and is super aggressive right out of the gate. I'm assuming the first time that doesn't work he'll be out of answers. His cardio is probably crap. I doubt he has a ground game.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It could probably be shown as an animated gif LOL... I have fight pass, so watched it there. But, I am sure it will be on YouTube within another hour heh.
Zero, if you find it, can you post it? Otherwise, maybe tomorrow, I'll post it. I know it's your time, I understand that, but if you have a moment, and run across it before I do, please post :)

zerofill

Reaction score
Zero, what else does he need to do to graduate to UFC? Clearly, he's better than these people they're lining up against him. He needs to move up. What else is there to prove? Do you know what else he needs to do?

Dana asked him how his wrestling was, because no one was going to try and stand with him from here on out lol.

Dana really said, he needs some more time he thinks, and get more work/fights in... So I am not sure what Dana has in mind.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

We really know nothing about him as a fighter other than he hits hard and is super aggressive right out of the gate. I'm assuming the first time that doesn't work he'll be out of answers. His cardio is probably crap. I doubt he has a ground game.
He has stated he's working hard on his ground game. He's taking this seriously. I hope his career arch is that of a Couture and not a Rousey.

zerofill

Reaction score

Hah said that same time I was typing it I guess lol

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dana asked him how his wrestling was, because no one was going to try and stand with him from here on out lol.

Dana really said, he needs some more time he thinks, and get more work/fights in... So I am not sure what Dana has in mind.
Thanks, brother.

zerofill

Reaction score
THANKS, dude! Here, I'll post the tweet from your link. Thank you, Zero.

np... I want to see him fight some people that can take him down, to see what he does. If he can prevent take downs, or manage being on his back... might be the real deal. Definitely powerful puncher!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yeah... plus 265 being the max for heavyweight, he had to trim down a bit and change his diet I am sure.
Really appreciate the link, man. Thanks for taking some time out of your day for this thread. You, too, Risen.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Brutal knee from Hardy.

Greg Hardy was an elite edge rusher in the highest level of sports. It's not out of this world to think he may be on to some uncharted territory.

He is proving his athleticism. If he becomes a somebody in the UFC, it is no different than Deion playing two sports at a high level, Bo Jackson, etc. It's hard not to get hype about this.

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
Brutal knee from Hardy.

Greg Hardy was an elite edge rusher in the highest level of sports. It's not out of this world to think he may be on to some uncharted territory.

He is proving his athleticism. If he becomes a somebody in the UFC, it is no different than Deion playing two sports at a high level, Bo Jackson, etc. It's hard not to get hype about this.

I would think he has a ways to go before he could think about people like Stipe Miocic, and DC level opponents... Right now they would probably drag him into deep waters and drown him. But, anyone with that punching power has definite potential. Plus, like you said... he was an elite athlete. He actually seems a bit different in interviews, etc... I really think he needed a sport like MMA.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I would think he has a ways to go before he could think about people like Stipe Miocic, and DC level opponents... Right now they would probably drag him into deep waters and drown him. But, anyone with that punching power has definite potential. Plus, like you said... he was an elite athlete. He actually seems a bit different in interviews, etc... I really think he needed a sport like MMA.
Agreed. He is a monster, even in demeanor. The new NFL can't handle players like he.

I really hope he perfects his craft. For sure, Miocic would destroy him right now. But if he puts in 8hrs/day/365 on improving his all-around game, he can get there. It's up to him, now. Man, imagine this guy headlining a Miocic or Lewis bout on PPV in a couple years!