Video: Greg Jennings-Did beating Chiefs prove the Cowboys are among NFL's best

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Than every team is elite. Remember our defense hinges on 1 player, if he stubs a toe and misses the game, we lose. Total elite. Our line couldnt survive if it loses 1 player, total elite.

So if we are elite, if you show up you are elite. Give everyone a trophy.

We were without Hitchens too for alot of games (not just Lee missing those 2 games). Hitchens is back. JSmith is showing signs of growth. No Lee, means we prob see more dime defense with 2 lb's. instead of 3.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Than every team is elite. Remember our defense hinges on 1 player, if he stubs a toe and misses the game, we lose. Total elite. Our line couldnt survive if it loses 1 player, total elite.

So if we are elite, if you show up you are elite. Give everyone a trophy.

Depth doesn't exist in this league so I don't get your point and we won plenty of games last year with depth and I hope we don't have to do it again this year.

I don't get how you say every team is elite but whatever. I think that's just a stubborn comment from you.

Our defense is 3rd in the league in sacks and im confident they can still rush the passer without Lee but regardless they have him so it doesn't matter anyways.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We were without Hitchens too for alot of games (not just Lee missing those 2 games). Hitchens is back. JSmith is showing signs of growth. No Lee, means we prob see more dime defense with 2 lb's. instead of 3.

I think Hitchens makes us slightly better, but not enough to overcome if Lee is not there. I could be wrong. The only fact that is true, no Lee, no win.

Yes Jaylon is coming on better, i didnt get on the wagon of bashing him. He needed time and this defense needed a lot. Still does, but its better. I did say it would need 8 games to find its groove.

I think need Heath needs to play back up, or rotate in. Woods should start, move Jones around. YR had a great write up on him and where hes best effective. and someone find out whats up with Brown.

we need some more tweaks and get ready for Scandricks replacement.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Elite? No.

Talk to me in 2 weeks after playing Philly. If they win the next 2 games, "All" (playoffs, division, hfa, SB aspirations) are once again in play at that point.

if they win the next 2 games they are the best team in the league, not elite.

CapnCook

Reaction score
I think what it proved is that the Cowboys can be "among the NFL's best" when they play well. If they're on their game, they can play with anybody. They certainly showed that on Sunday in a game that wasn't nearly as close as the scoreboard indicated.

What they have to prove now is that the team that played on Sunday will be the real Dallas Cowboys going forward, every week, consistently. If they can do that, I think they can play with and defeat any team that remains on their schedule.

But it will take that team we saw on Sunday, one firing on all cylinders. Offense, defense, special teams.

Sounds like Garrett :thumbup:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I know it's just a useless stat, but last week we were #7 in BSPN's power rankings, after beating the Chiefs, this week we fell to #8...........did Goodell buy stock in BSPN?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No they still got blown out by a Broncos team that isnt good.

We didn't get blown out until the 2nd half when we had only 2 cb's available the rest of the game. And Denver's d early in the season when they played us was elite. And playing in Denver, that 2nd half fatigue the team, which was obvious too.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
We didn't get blown out until the 2nd half when we had only 2 cb's available the rest of the game. And Denver's d early in the season when they played us was elite. And playing in Denver, that 2nd half fatigue the team, which was obvious too.

You can say the same for the chiefs. We beat them when they weren't playing good like they were to start the season.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You can say the same for the chiefs. We beat them when they weren't playing good like they were to start the season.

Their d was always bad. Just that our d is much better now, and we showed it against their offense. That was the difference. If we played in Kansas City, the score would prob be closer. That home crowd helps them.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Their d was always bad. Just that our d is much better now, and we showed it against their offense. That was the difference. If we played in Kansas City, the score would prob be closer. That home crowd helps them.

This is the game I was waiting to judge our d and they showed up!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
This is the game I was waiting to judge our d and they showed up!

I knew our secondary would have early season growing pains. Many here were freakin out, oh we should have kept Claiborne! They are coming together, and we now have Awuzie back, who can play cb/s.

risco

Reaction score
Elite? No.

Talk to me in 2 weeks after playing Philly. If they win the next 2 games, "All" (playoffs, division, hfa, SB aspirations) are once again in play at that point.
I for one will say- We will win he next two games for sure--- book it!!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Chiefs were the best team in football for weeks and only have 2 losses. Also, they beat the Superbowl champs in game 1 of the season in New England.

We beat an elite team .
Carolina beat the SB champs too and the ugly Raiders beat the Chiefs. Any given Sunday. I'll believe you in our 'Boys being 'elite when they BEAT Philly. Because aside from the Chiefs, the Cowboys will be Philly's 2nd good team they've played thus far. Their schedule is so favored it's not even funny. They don't even have to play Atlanta nor GB. If the Egals win, then they're for real. If the 'Boys win, then they're "elite". It's a coin toss.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Elite? No.

The Eagles have only beaten one team with a winning record correct?

They are hot right now, but I don't think they are as good as everybody thinks they are. I think it's one of those scenarios where once they lose a game, they'll drop two out of the following three or something like that. You saw that with the Chiefs this year, Vikings last year, it seems to be a yearly trend!