Twitter: Greg Zuerlein is now 30 of 31 in FGs in Training Camp

DFWJC

Reaction score
I liked Kai Forbath...

He literally did not miss for us last season...I'm not sure how he could have possible done better.

Meanwhile, Zuerlein was 24/33 (72.7%)

Maher was 20/30 (66.7%) before we cut him ... So Zuerlein was statistically a little better than Maher last season.

Kai deserved to start the season as the starting placekicker...he earned that right.
Zuerline played hurt much of the season last year.
Look at his career overall and its obvious that last year was an outlier.
His Rams special teams coach is with the Cowboys now and can verify this.

stiletto

Reaction score
Zuerline also didn't kick indoors most of the time last year, while hurt. Wonder what his stats look like indoors vs outdoors.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
My expectation is over 90%. Almost any decent number of kicks with 2 misses is over 90%. You said there were 5 last year over 90, he needs to be that.

Then, prepare to be disappointed.

Zuerlein has had two seasons out of eight above 90 percent. Forbath has had three out of eight (but again remember that those higher percentage years were when he attempted fewer kicks, thus fewer chances to make a mistake ... but, of course, when a kicker does, it really hurts their average, like when Forbath when 4 of 5 in 2018 for 80 percent).

Dan Bailey, who we hold up here as the standard for kickers, had three seasons above 90 and four below with us. (He also added a 93.1 with Minnesota after a 75.1.)

I consider 85 percent and above to be the standard for a good kicker.

Forbath was 85 or above in four of his eight seasons. Zuerlein also in four of eight. Bailey (the gold standard) has six in nine.

Frankly, what I want Zuerlein to do is return to the form he showed from 2016-2018 (86.36, 95 and 87.1). That may mean up to four misses depending on how many attempts he has, although all of us would prefer he duplicate his 2017 success (38 of 40).

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Are you worried that he missed a field goal from 60 yards ?

No. My comment was that I hope kicker is an issue we don’t worry about this season...not his one miss. Why would I post that?

Miller

Reaction score
200.gif
wow
Are y’all serious here! It was a positive post

Miller

Reaction score
This is why we can't have nice things around here.
:(:p

My comment was a positive one with the “one thing “ we don’t have to worry about bring kicker..not missing one

Miller

Reaction score
This is a weird thread.

The OP starts a thread to brag about our new kicker And pump some sunshine into the Zone

yet almost every post after it misreads his intentions entirely
:laugh:

Ive given up. Seriously how can you read that to mean I’m mad about 1 kick