Greg Zuerlien and prepare for heartache

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Get rid of him. I’d rather go for 2 ever chance and on 4th. There’s no way zuerlin is the best kicker in Texas

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Anyone else got the feeling Greg the leg is going to seriously cost us at the most important time in an important game?

Week 1 if he kicks straight we beat the reigning SB champs and while he made a clutch FG to beat the Chargers on the road I am not convinced. He missed an extra point today and just seems so inconsistent and not trust worthy at all.

Kickers that are close to automatic or instill 100% confidence are so hard to get and watch this space as I reckon Greg seriously torches us this year with gettable misses.

He feels like a crap shoot on every kick. Capable of drilling a 56 yarder with the game on the line AND shanking a 31 yarder in the 2nd quarter.

I'd like more consistency.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zuerlein reminds me of Brett Maher he’s better from longer range than shorter range. He was struggling with extra points before we signed him. He’s inconsistent from chip shot range. It’s concerning.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wouldn't cut Zuerlein in favor of a rookie right now.

It's certainly something to keep an eye on, but I think he will be ok in the long run.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
All kickers suck ....... Just get used to it ....... With our offense it's dumb to blame a kicker for losing.

SackMaster

Reaction score
He feels like a crap shoot on every kick. Capable of drilling a 56 yarder with the game on the line AND shanking a 31 yarder in the 2nd quarter.

I'd like more consistency.
Dude has been great under pressure.

So maybe on "routine kicks" tell him if he misses, he is cut and blacklisted from the NFL.
:muttley:

Mannix

Reaction score
I give Greg until week 8 to get right before replacing him… he is coming off an injury, so he needs some time to get back into form.

If he is still shanking kicks on a regular basis— then yes, I think we have to look at moving on.
He didn't "shank" it....I'm going to be patient with you, but this drives me crazy.....he hooked or pulled it.....a shank ONLY misses RIGHT for a right footed kicker.

Chappy

Reaction score
Get rid of him. I’d rather go for 2 ever chance and on 4th. There’s no way zuerlin is the best kicker in Texas
Who is available currently ? NFL tried or not I don’t care and we need to seriously have someone on the practice squad keeping pressure on Greg and also adding a safety net in case we do need to replace him.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He didn't "shank" it....I'm going to be patient with you, but this drives me crazy.....he hooked or pulled it.....a shank ONLY misses RIGHT for a right footed kicker.

I did not know that. Thanks for explaining it

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Who is available currently ? NFL tried or not I don’t care and we need to seriously have someone on the practice squad keeping pressure on Greg and also adding a safety net in case we do need to replace him.
Nobody on the street is going to pressure him. He was 83% last year while kicking 60 yarders.

cowboybish

Reaction score
Anyone else got the feeling Greg the leg is going to seriously cost us at the most important time in an important game?

Week 1 if he kicks straight we beat the reigning SB champs and while he made a clutch FG to beat the Chargers on the road I am not convinced. He missed an extra point today and just seems so inconsistent and not trust worthy at all.

Kickers that are close to automatic or instill 100% confidence are so hard to get and watch this space as I reckon Greg seriously torches us this year with gettable misses.
Absolutely don't understand why we can't find a different and better kicker. He missed an EP last night too. There has to be some good kickers in the college ranks. Remember the year the Raiders with I think their first pick took Janakowski. That was crazy yet he kicked for like a half century

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Absolutely don't understand why we can't find a different and better kicker. He missed an EP last night too. There has to be some good kickers in the college ranks. Remember the year the Raiders with I think their first pick took Janakowski. That was crazy yet he kicked for like a half century
And 13 of his years he kicked below Zuerlein's 83% last season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
OK, I just read what you said -- would you kindly pass me the smelling salts, so I could keep from fainting? :eek:
Actually, I was referring to Lirim Hajrullahu, if I'm not woefully mistaken . . . (I cheated -- had to look it up.):grin:

He'd be easily affordable, if he hasn't already signed with another team.
So any kicker ?? Bring in some kicker? That kicker will be perfect the rest of the way that guarantee not the guy who won the Chargers game and his last 3 FPS down he middle perfect??

So his replacement will be 100% he rest if the ay a guy we dont know??

Come on man!!!

He wont not many kickers are perfect XP’s are missed more then before since they were moved back..if it becomes huge issue like really undependable, sure right now no way im changing kickers yet..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zuerlein reminds me of Brett Maher he’s better from longer range than shorter range. He was struggling with extra points before we signed him. He’s inconsistent from chip shot range. It’s concerning.
WRONG Greg was one of the top kickers inside 40 last year TOP got it hes not bad kicker and not many are perfect..some get yips and get passed it..heck Folk is still kicking !!! after we let Baily go people had a fit but Baileys never been the same..whatever one you put in to replace him will also have some yips sometime down the road..im rolllingwith Greg
his last 3 actual fgs have been perfect..