Greg Zuerlien and prepare for heartache

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So any kicker ?? Bring in some kicker? That kicker will be perfect the rest of the way that guarantee not the guy who won the Chargers game and his last 3 FPS down he middle perfect??

So his replacement will be 100% he rest if the ay a guy we dont know??

Come on man!!!

He wont not many kickers are perfect XP’s are missed more then before since they were moved back..if it becomes huge issue like really undependable, sure right now no way im changing kickers yet..

I was responding in a fun jest to a post that Chappy made that I didn't find very realistic nor practical. If you took it seriously, that's on you. Liric Hajrullahu was the Canadian kicker who replaced Zuerlein a while back and was cut from the practice squad shortly thereafter. C'mon man -- let's get real here and just chill, ok? If Zuerlein has serious problems in the future, perhaps something will be done. Obviously, this isn't the time for it. We'll see if Zuerlein can continue to justify his roster spot in the weeks ahead.

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
I did not know that. Thanks for explaining it
No worries....if you do not golf, you would never know this....shank is a golf term....right handed golfer hitting it straight right....left handed golfer hitting in straight left. I right footed kicker can only pull or hook to left, or push /shove/shank to the right....these cannot be used interchangeably and be correct. Seems like everyone is now suddenly referring to all missed kicks as "so and so shanked it" no matter what direction they missed it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anyone else got the feeling Greg the leg is going to seriously cost us at the most important time in an important game?

Week 1 if he kicks straight we beat the reigning SB champs and while he made a clutch FG to beat the Chargers on the road I am not convinced. He missed an extra point today and just seems so inconsistent and not trust worthy at all.

Kickers that are close to automatic or instill 100% confidence are so hard to get and watch this space as I reckon Greg seriously torches us this year with gettable misses.
We would be 3-0 if he didn’t miss those 2 FG’s against the Bucs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have no doubt we are more than good enough to win the division but watch Greg torch us in the playoffs.

I can just see it happening. :(

Between MM and Zuerline we will be holding our breath at the end of every close game.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
No worries....if you do not golf, you would never know this....shank is a golf term....right handed golfer hitting it straight right....left handed golfer hitting in straight left. I right footed kicker can only pull or hook to left, or push /shove/shank to the right....these cannot be used interchangeably and be correct. Seems like everyone is now suddenly referring to all missed kicks as "so and so shanked it" no matter what direction they missed it.

Golf eh? Thought it was hook or slice— didn’t know shank was another word for slice.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
WRONG Greg was one of the top kickers inside 40 last year TOP got it hes not bad kicker and not many are perfect..some get yips and get passed it..heck Folk is still kicking !!! after we let Baily go people had a fit but Baileys never been the same..whatever one you put in to replace him will also have some yips sometime down the road..im rolllingwith Greg
his last 3 actual fgs have been perfect..

I’m talking about this season. You have to live in the moment with kickers. It doesn’t matter what they did last season. He missed two extra points in three games this season. He missed a couple of FG’s against the Buccaneers and one was from only 31 yards out. He also missed an extra point in that game. Even some of the ones he made were flirting with the left upright. He made a 56 yarder that helped us win the game but could have cost us the game with the misses. I’m not saying bring in someone else because they could be inconsistent as well. If he ends up costing us a game with a missed extra point or a chip shot FG the Cowboys may have to make a move.