News: Gregory files for reinstatement

Dallasfann

Reaction score
We were discussing whether or not he was being "hated on" and why, but thanks for your additional input

Oh cool. I'm glad my life doesn't revolve around hating on some dude who I've never met. I watch sports for the sport not for the drama. Always found it weird when anyone over 18 worries about the drama when it comes to sports teams they root for. I guess if you guys are specifically only talking about why you hate some random *** dude I'll bow out of the convo. Sorry for wasting your time. Get back at it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I Can't understand Cowboy fans. This guy when he played was very good. Better than most on that DL. The guy can pass rush like crazy.
He is also very good against the run. Most fans don't know that because they look at listed weights to judge the run defense ability of players.

Gregory was the best run defender based in his draft class of the good outside pass rushers. It was freakish how he put 320 OL on roller skates despite only weighing about 230. Note: He was a solid 260 plus the last time he played in the NFL.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
And they only pay for the lotto ticket if they win...

Exactly. Cowboy fans are some of the worst out there so I'm not surprised by a lot of the comments in the thread. Me...I don't care what the hell they do when there jersey isn't on. If they get caught abusing a family member then they should be gone. Anything other then that. Don't...Give...A...****. Do whatever the hell it is you want. When Sunday morning comes if you aren't suspended and can play for my team that day and can make a difference then let's get to work.

Anyone who has watched Gregory play knows he is a threat on the field. We need guys like that badly on defense. Why would anyone turn on that because he likes weed and the NFL doesn't? I guess that's why I've learned that I mostly just hate people in general haha. He's made mistakes yes, but in 20 years people's jaw will drop when they find out dudes where getting suspended for smoking weed in sports.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope he gets back in and continues to reform his life.
I like the guy. It doesn't hurt that he's also talented and under contract on the cheap for a few more years.
Most people would be shocked to hear him in interviews. He is one of the most "well spoken" players on the team. The opposite of David Irving.

shabazz

Reaction score
Oh cool. I'm glad my life doesn't revolve around hating on some dude who I've never met. I watch sports for the sport not for the drama. Always found it weird when anyone over 18 worries about the drama when it comes to sports teams they root for. I guess if you guys are specifically only talking about why you hate some random *** dude I'll bow out of the convo. Sorry for wasting your time. Get back at it.

Guess you didn't read my post. It explicitly said that people werent hating on him but they were merely disappointed that his actions have kept him off the field. Isn't there any middle ground here anymore or must there be feigned outraged as if an offense took place. Additionally, nobody suggested that u back out of the convo as it was merely clarifying a post that was made and why it was made. Like most Cowboys fans I want every player that wears the star do do well and be on the field rather than suspended

shabazz

Reaction score
Most people would be shocked to hear him in interviews. He is one of the most "well spoken" players on the team. The opposite of David Irving.

Why would someone be shocked that he is "well spoken"? What suggests that he shouldn't be?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why would someone be shocked that he is "well spoken"? What suggests that he shouldn't be?

Because of all the negativity spouted, by those that either dislike him, or those that judge a book by its cover. You already know this, stop feigning disbelief.

shabazz

Reaction score
Because of all the negativity spouted, by those that either dislike him, or those that judge a book by its cover. You already know this, stop feigning disbelief.

How does anybody disliking him or having negativity surround one have anything to do with his ability to enunciate correctly or be well spoken? Nobody is feigning disbelief, merely trying to understand.

Proof

Reaction score
Danielle Hunter was another player we passed up for Randy Gregory. He was taken 28 picks after Gregory. We could’ve traded down for Hunter who’s had 54.5 career sacks including back to back 14.5 sack seasons in 2018 and 2019 for Minnesota. One of the big reasons the Vikings have been so good on defense.

Hunter is a great hindsight option and can only imagine what he would've brought to the table for us. Frank Clark despite being very talented is a POS who I'm glad isn't on the team.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How does anybody disliking him or having negativity surround one have anything to do with his ability to enunciate correctly or be well spoken? Nobody is feigning disbelief, merely trying to understand.

Dumb, stupid, broke, soon as he retires, thug, etc. Maybe you read comments on this site, with rose colored glasses.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Insert awesome yawn gif here
giphy.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most players that get into trouble are dim witted idiots like David Irving.

Most well spoken players are not the ones that repeatedly get suspended.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I have a few friends that are highly productive when they're on a steady diet of Cannabis. Me personally can't stand the stuff but I can't deny that some people can manage their lives very well while using it, in fact better..

So as far as I'm concerned, the only thing holding Gregory back was the fact that he medicates with weed and the league didn't allow it. If Gregory is allowed to do his thing, he will be be one of our better defensive players and also believe it or not one of our smartest. It's a no brainer to welcome him back!
One of our smartest? Is he football smart? How many dumb penalties did he have his last year? Is he smart enough to pass a drug test most players basically say is an IQ test?

johneric8

Reaction score
One of our smartest? Is he football smart? How many dumb penalties did he have his last year? Is he smart enough to pass a drug test most players basically say is an IQ test?
He is one of the smartest players In his intellect, I didn't say common sense.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gregory played very well after sitting out 2 years. I think sitting out 2019 will effect him that much.

If the new CBA means no more pot suspensions, Id rather have him as our RDE than Quinn

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let's clear something up. The thread title is not true. Randy Gregory has not applied to be reinstated. But he has recently said he is working in that direction and is looking forward to the day he is finally reinstated. Folks, need to stop spreading lies about this guy and getting your hopes up.