News: Gregory files for reinstatement

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm guessing some of the fans who are acting like McCarthy is this football icon who will outwill Jerry and change the country club culture are some of the same ones who pimped Garrett for years.

McCarthy, who told anyone that would listen that he would never not call plays again, showed everyone the deal when he announced Moore will still be calling plays about a week into the job, is just another happy-to-be-employed coach.

Is he better than Garrett? Yes, kind of hard not to be. Will he be a difference maker here? All signs are pointing to "more of the same." The difference is when things didn't go well, Garrett would tow the company line. If things don't go well with McCarthy, he's going to point fingers.

It's laughable that posters here think McCarthy is in charge and will decide which players will be here. Jerry has told you over and over again, and McCarthy confirmed it.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Weed is fully illegal in only 8 states (and the NFL only has a team in 1 of them); in the other 42 states, weed is either legal, not prosecuted (decriminalized) or medical. It is the reason the CBA is dropping suspensions for it; if you can’t/won’t be prosecuted for it, you shouldn’t be suspended for it.

https://disa.com/map-of-marijuana-legality-by-state
Just 1 team?

Off the top of my head There is 2 in CA, 1 in Colarado and 1 in Mass. NY and NJ could soon follow which would add 3 more teams in legal states.

So you have a valid argument, doesn't the NBA and baseball ignore it now?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm guessing some of the fans who are acting like McCarthy is this football icon who will outwill Jerry and change the country club culture are some of the same ones who pimped Garrett for years.

McCarthy, who told anyone that would listen that he would never not call plays again, showed everyone the deal when he announced Moore will still be calling plays about a week into the job, is just another happy-to-be-employed coach.

Is he better than Garrett? Yes, kind of hard not to be. Will he be a difference maker here? All signs are pointing to "more of the same." The difference is when things didn't go well, Garrett would tow the company line. If things don't go well with McCarthy, he's going to point fingers.

It's laughable that posters here think McCarthy is in charge and will decide which players will be here. Jerry has told you over and over again, and McCarthy confirmed it.
Lol Garrett pointed more fingers than he had. McCarthy hasn’t even had a training camp and you’re sitting here with a straight face saying it’s going to be more the same?

how about we wait and see

DRella

Reaction score
Gregory reinstated would be a great win for the Cowboys. He was sorely missed this past season.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I Can't understand Cowboy fans. This guy when he played was very good. Better than most on that DL. The guy can pass rush like crazy.

Hating on people is a very popular thing to do in America. That.Is.The.Only.Reason.

Dude is good and would help my football team. Don't care about anything else.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Hating on people is a very popular thing to do in America. That.Is.The.Only.Reason.

They have a very short memory. He was one of the best DL when he was on the field and had pressure on the QB constantly off the edge.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just 1 team?

Off the top of my head There is 2 in CA, 1 in Colarado and 1 in Mass. NY and NJ could soon follow which would add 3 more teams in legal states.

So you have a valid argument, doesn't the NBA and baseball ignore it now?

he said ILLEGAL

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All things considered, I suspect a return by Randy Gregory would be as surprising as anything else this team might see this season. Even if it comes to fruition, he'd very likely be restricted to spot duty for quite some time before being considered to start. It's assuming such an event is even in the cards. Nevertheless, if it occurs, it'd still be an intriguing thing to see how it unfolds! Can Goodell loosen his grip on nasty to that degree? We'll see. ;)

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score

I believe that it not a case of "hating", more than its a case of people being burnt by actually thinking this guy had the ability to stay on the field and produce. He took himself off the field by his inability to follow the rules. Hopefully he can reverse this cycle and contribute.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I believe that it not a case of "hating", more than its a case of people being burnt by actually thinking this guy had the ability to stay on the field and produce. He took himself off the field by his inability to follow the rules. Hopefully he can reverse this cycle and contribute.

Burnt? Who cares? He comes back stays on the field win for the fans and the team. Or he comes back can't stay on the field then we continue on without him. It's only a win situation. The only thing that can happen is he doesn't play again for us.

It's just like entering a free drawing for a new car. You put your name on a ticket put it in the box and hope they call you and say you won. The worst thing that can happen....you don't win the new car you never had anyway.

shabazz

Reaction score
Burnt? Who cares? He comes back stays on the field win for the fans and the team. Or he comes back can't stay on the field then we continue on without him. It's only a win situation. The only thing that can happen is he doesn't play again for us.

It's just like entering a free drawing for a new car. You put your name on a ticket put it in the box and hope they call you and say you won. The worst thing that can happen....you don't win the new car you never had anyway.

We were discussing whether or not he was being "hated on" and why, but thanks for your additional input

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And they only pay for the lotto ticket if they win...