Gregory's tape >>>> Bosa's tape

Reaction score
Comparing Randy Gregory's college tape to Bosa's, Gregory is a far superior pass rusher. Bosa is better against the run, but it's not even close when it comes to exploding around the corner or spinning inside. Such a shame that Gregory can't put down the pipe; I'd have been pretty excited about a line of DLaw -- Crawford -- Thornton -- Gregory. Stout up the middle and explosive on the outside.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Comparing Randy Gregory's college tape to Bosa's, Gregory is a far superior pass rusher. Bosa is better against the run, but it's not even close when it comes to exploding around the corner or spinning inside. Such a shame that Gregory can't put down the pipe; I'd have been pretty excited about a line of DLaw -- Crawford -- Thornton -- Gregory. Stout up the middle and explosive on the outside.

Agreed. Bosa looks meh. This line could look good for next season but it's not going to be good enough this year.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

:laugh: This is such horse****.

I agree that Gregory might have a better first step but to say its far and away better just seems ignorant to me. The power and size difference is glaring.

I actually thought Gregory looked mediocre until I realized that he was not going off the ball but playing off the tackle most downs. Bosa looks better swimming and ripping and doesn't use the spin move overly much.

Then of course there is the question of which one got a steady stream of double and triple teams and which one didn't. DC actions speak better than this mindless bias some of you guys have.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
lolz .. .jeup calling BS too, Gregorys' tape sucked!

Didn't want to smoke Randy in the 1st, but I don't want that clown Bosa top 10, he reeks like the dank as well.

th

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Despite the double team he is splitting it 3+ yards upfield because of his first step.
Blitz-Image-1024x591.png

Great balance

https://lh5.***BROKEN***/DW6fnsUIclfdtStcFx223gCvRfmPQw4s1x1JBurRiv0LX9aCWDJqchDmLewvpMlZl4r_x58fbFVL-eJndY7pefeARAwTMhXeLNVPvwk_g-heSQrTTSBHCRu3L32P7LbjlksM7g
First step goodies:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I love this next one. Note how the OT has help on the inside and cheats yet still gets destroyed.
giphy.gif

RandyOh

Reaction score
:laugh: This is such horse****.

I agree that Gregory might have a better first step but to say its far and away better just seems ignorant to me. The power and size difference is glaring.

I actually thought Gregory looked mediocre until I realized that he was not going off the ball but playing off the tackle most downs. Bosa looks better swimming and ripping and doesn't use the spin move overly much.

Then of course there is the question of which one got a steady stream of double and triple teams and which one didn't. DC actions speak better than this mindless bias some of you guys have.

FuzzyLumpkins what are your thoughts on Jonathan Bullard out of Florida? He seems like a Marinelli type defensive lineman.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins what are your thoughts on Jonathan Bullard out of Florida? He seems like a Marinelli type defensive lineman.

I don't watch college telecasts and I haven't had a chance to look at him yet tbh.

btcutter

Reaction score
What I don't understand is how the Cowboys "let" Gregory test positive 4 times. After the first, don't you force him to piss for the organization every day so that you make sure when the NFL tests him, he's clean?

What do you mean "Cowboys let Gregory test positive"? He's a professional now and a grown man. Cowboys can't have a baby sitter watch him 24/7. You got to take responsibility for yourself. He wants to smoke a joint...many ways to achieve that doesn't matter how you watch him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

He would project as a 3T. He doesn't have the quick twitch you want outside. He's only 21 so an extra 20 lbs and he could even play 1T potentially in this scheme.

Good active hands to get off blocks, quick enough to get inside the hands of interior OL, Nice strength at the poa. Powerful finisher. Strength to sit down on double teams.

Inconsistent getting off blocks and breaking down to finish -this seems to be a common trend in the DT prospects I've seen not named Reed. Can be slow to react to double teams and misdirection. Doesn't alway play through the whistle.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see how the later rounds evolve for the Dallas draft. There is quite a bit of talent that can be developed out of this class...if the viewers target and develop intensely.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Top 20 sack group up front yet?

This needs some explosive addition, that stands up for the run a tad bit better.

Myself, I'm spending draft pick one and two in the defensive line...and better return potential than Bosa or Buckner.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not impressed with Bosa from the gifs. The tackle doesn't even try to stay in front of him, just let's him go around. Post some gifs where Bosa has to make a counter move to get around an OT.

:laugh: What do you think he's doing to stop the tackle from hitting him? You think he just whiffs?

He is so quick that they are having to lunge by their third kick slide. I get that this is college competition but he is a man amongst boys as a 19-20 year old.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
:laugh: What do you think he's doing to stop the tackle from hitting him? You think he just whiffs?

He is so quick that they are having to lunge by their third kick slide. I get that this is college competition but he is a man amongst boys as a 19-20 year old.

I just see the OT's not setting up properly. Not getting in front of him just letting Bosa go around. Not like Bosa is Reggie White on the corner. Again, post some Gifs where Bosa has to make a counter move.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'm just curious but who plays more snaps consistently?