Gresham

Verdict

Reaction score
I would sure like to find a way of coming out of the draft with Jermaine Gresham from OU this year. Maybe we get a 2nd for Marty B. and take Gresham if he falls to us at 27.

The Realist

Reaction score
Gresham is what Bennett can hope to be some day.

If I'm not mistaken Gresham had 25 TD's 2007-2008.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Can't block at all so he wouldn't fit with what we do.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like the kid but I don't see any reason to move Bennett and pick him up. Bennett is a better blocker and thus works more for what we want than this kid would at this point.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If we were going to go TE that high and trade Bennett, I'd rather get my (homer alert) guy from Arizona, Rob Gronkowski. You should see DBs try to tackle this guy and fail. He is a bull with great hands. He benched over 400 pounds as a Freshman.

The Realist

Reaction score
Witten couldn't block coming out of school.

I'd take Aaron Hernandez in a heart beat.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3258214 said:
If we were going to go TE that high and trade Bennett, I'd rather get my (homer alert) guy from Arizona, Rob Gronkowski. You should see DBs try to tackle this guy and fail. He is a bull with great hands. He benched over 400 pounds as a Freshman.

who cares what someone did as a freshman?

second:
Everyone seems to be forgetting about this mystical guy named John Phillips and this ancient man they call Jerry Jones and the fact this ancient man likes Martellus Bennett so he is not going anywhere.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3258226 said:
who cares what someone did as a freshman?

second:
Everyone seems to be forgetting about this mystical guy named John Phillips and this ancient man they call Jerry Jones and the fact this ancient man likes Martellus Bennett so he is not going anywhere.
I do, thank you for asking. Now go ask a girl to Prom.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3258233 said:
I do, thank you for asking. Now go ask a girl to Prom.

Proms next year! :mad:

and if thats an insult on my ability to get a girl, or a date :laugh1:

Plus was not trying to be rude, I don't see how much someone lifted 2-4 years ago matters too much to what they can do now, if you said he benched 650 pounds last season i'd have been impressed. :laugh1:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3258302 said:
Proms next year! :mad:

and if thats an insult on my ability to get a girl, or a date :laugh1:

Plus was not trying to be rude, I don't see how much someone lifted 2-4 years ago matters too much to what they can do now, if you said he benched 650 pounds last season i'd have been impressed. :laugh1:
Your methods are just way too immature for my tastes.

An 18 year old who can bench 400 pounds isn't impressive? Riiiiiiiiight.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3258362 said:
Your methods are just way too immature for my tastes.

An 18 year old who can bench 400 pounds isn't impressive? Riiiiiiiiight.

Oh it is insanely impressive heck I bench less than half of that, and im almost 18, 16. But it doesn't effect how he will perform now does it? if it does then I retract my statement.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3258365 said:
Oh it is insanely impressive heck I bench less than half of that, and im almost 18, 16. But it doesn't effect how he will perform now does it? if it does then I retract my statement.
Are you kidding? You honestly do not know how strength helps a football player?

I wonder why they do reps with 225 pounds at the Combine if strength doesn't matter?

:omg:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3258372 said:
Are you kidding? You honestly do not know how strength helps a football player?

I wonder why they do reps with 225 pounds at the Combine if strength doesn't matter?

:omg:

No, it does, I never make myself clear.

I was asking how strong someone was 4 years ago effect them now? but once again I am more than likely arguing this because I don't want to see a TE taken no matter how good of a prospect they are and how far they fall because Witten is a Hof'er and Phillips is the next TE of this team IMO, plus Bennett is a FANTASTIC blocker who if he gets his thing together will be a redzone threat like no other.

The Realist

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3258461 said:
No, it does, I never make myself clear.

I was asking how strong someone was 4 years ago effect them now? but once again I am more than likely arguing this because I don't want to see a TE taken no matter how good of a prospect they are and how far they fall because Witten is a Hof'er and Phillips is the next TE of this team IMO, plus Bennett is a FANTASTIC blocker who if he gets his thing together will be a redzone threat like no other.

Depth......if Witten goes down our O drops off big time.

Also a TE isn't just a pure TE on our team. They do a lot.

Could take Crickets spot.

Or we could take 4 TE's and 4 WR's to the game vs 3 TE's and 5 WR's if that TE is better than WR #5 (Hurd). At this point is it really that hard to be better than Hurd?

Malcolm Kelly

Reaction score
I would love it if the Cowboys drafted Jermaine Gresham. He is an awesome football player and he is arguably the best tight end that OU has ever had.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Malcolm Kelly;3259678 said:
I would love it if the Cowboys drafted Jermaine Gresham. He is an awesome football player and he is arguably the best tight end that OU has ever had.
Keith Jackson might disagree.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
The Realist;3258629 said:
Depth......if Witten goes down our O drops off big time.

Also a TE isn't just a pure TE on our team. They do a lot.

Could take Crickets spot.

Or we could take 4 TE's and 4 WR's to the game vs 3 TE's and 5 WR's if that TE is better than WR #5 (Hurd). At this point is it really that hard to be better than Hurd?

Hurd had some very nice plays this year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You have lost your mind. lol
Spending our 1st rounder on a postion of real strength while giving up a promising player just sounds ludicrous to me.