News: Grier plays every down tomorrow. Knows he is getting cut

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was talking about Rush as the backup. He can be cut on cut day and be brought back.
He just signed a new contract I doubt that can happen I mean you can't just cut guys who just signed a fresh contract I'm pretty sure there would be some kind of penalties there where we would owe them some money I mean I don't know how it works but I don't think they're gonna be doing that this year where they're messing around with putting him on the practice squad and bringing them back up..

rambo2

Reaction score
He just signed a new contract I doubt that can happen I mean you can't just cut guys who just signed a fresh contract I'm pretty sure there would be some kind of penalties there where we would owe them some money I mean I don't know how it works but I don't think they're gonna be doing that this year where they're messing around with putting him on the practice squad and bringing them back up..
They cut Rush last year and brought him back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They cut Rush last year and brought him back.
Yeah but that was under an old contract with no guaranteed money he got a brand new deal just this year you can't can't typically start messing around with those type of contracts I'm no expert but that's typically how it works.. Like I said I don't think they're gonna do that this time I think he's on the roster and he'll they'll manipulate the roster with guys like Trey Lance or someone else why him I think people are overrating this Trey Lance deal already but they'll figure out roster manipulations another way..

DFWJC

Reaction score
It sucks to know you're going to be cut for sure, but good luck to Grier.
Yes. Good luck...hope he plays great.

To be fair, he was getting cut even if we didn't add Lance. The only difference now is that he'll eventually end up on some other teams' PS and probably not ours.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
LOL, I hope he is 28 for 30 for 300 yards, with four TD's and no INT's. I hope he leads them to a come from behind victory with 2 seconds left on the clock.

What do the Cowboys do then?
LOL...I was just going to post the same thing. They would probably repackage Trey Lance and keep Will Grier.

erod

Reaction score
He probably has the game of a lifetime now. He's getting cut anyways. Pressure will be probably lifted.
No pressure? This is a job interview to save his career. Probably the most pressure he's ever had.

erod

Reaction score
LOL, I hope he is 28 for 30 for 300 yards, with four TD's and no INT's. I hope he leads them to a come from behind victory with 2 seconds left on the clock.

What do the Cowboys do then?
Carry 4 quarterbacks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A reminder for members who may not read it in (every time) in the gameday thread:

Threads created during the game will be automatically deleted.

There are plenty of non-threads to post Dak Prescott-related comments. Dak Prescott comments in the gameday thread will be deleted. That may also hold true for Trey Lance comments.