RELEASED Grier waived

csirl

Reaction score
The team that beat us in the playoffs has 2 x QBs better than anything on our roster.....1 only cost 6.5m per year (note, I'm not a fan of Jimmy G, but he's just about better than Dak).

ESisback

Reaction score
If we’re guaranteed to be losers, why watch? Why come here? Just find another hobby. Movies, music, hunting fishing, poetry, antiques, focusing on college ball?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
As expected. Don't know why he's getting all the negative vibes around here. He's definitely not the brightest candle on the cake but he knows the team, the play book and how to handle himself. And he's proven that they follow him in the huddle.

Would I rather have the luxury of having Jimmy G. as a backup? Yes? Do I have a problem with Rush? No.

Jipper

Reaction score
As expected. Don't know why he's getting all the negative vibes around here. He's definitely not the brightest candle on the cake but he knows the team, the play book and how to handle himself. And he's proven that they follow him in the huddle.

Would I rather have the luxury of having Jimmy G. as a backup? Yes? Do I have a problem with Rush? No.

they released Rush too....so still not clear which one will be targeted to the backup after clearing waviers

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wow! We don't have a backup QB now lol. Rush, Nooch, and Grier all gone. I wonder if they're going to bring in Carson Strong, who the Eagles just cut.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I love the reaction in this thread ... apparently before everyone knew that Rush also was cut. Funny stuff.

Toro9

Reaction score
They've waived all 3 backups. Kinda makes me think it doesn't matter to them who is playing QB if Dak goes down

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lots of backups waived around the league today with teams not as worried about them getting snagged off of waivers.

Brax

Reaction score
Someone likely to pick him up. We were always sold on Cooper. His lone win last year in Minnesota is enough for us to keep him regardless preseason performance.

Its so rare for us to find a backup who can win a game . Lol
The qb who couldn’t make the giants roster with JG as the OC. This is pitiful just have to laugh.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I love the reaction in this thread ... apparently before everyone knew that Rush also was cut. Funny stuff.
So what's the strategy behind this? Just wait who gets picked up and go with the other? Wow, they really must have a high opinion of their backup QBs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So what's the strategy behind this? Just wait who gets picked up and go with the other? Wow, they really must have a high opinion of their backup QBs.

I believe that's pretty close to accurate. I think for Dallas to cut all three of them, the Cowboys don't believe any of them separated themselves enough that we're worried about losing a specific one and don't believe that all three (or perhaps even any of them) will be picked up. Yes, it doesn't say much about our backups.