Group of N.F.L. Owners Warns Jerry Jones and Threatens Penalties

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hate Jerry but it would be a lot easier to back him if he was just honest for once in his life instead of being a hypocrite and hiding behind other excuses when we all know THE real reason.

I also find it ironically funny that he's against someone making money without performance based incentives. If that was the case with the Cowboys Jerry would be broke.
Yes, ironic, but none-the-less hysterical

Ken

Reaction score
I hate Jerry but it would be a lot easier to back him if he was just honest for once in his life instead of being a hypocrite and hiding behind other excuses when we all know THE real reason.

I also find it ironically funny that he's against someone making money without performance based incentives. If that was the case with the Cowboys Jerry would be broke.
Well...i think he said today that the 2 year persecution of Zeke was a huge miss by Goodell. But let's not pretend that excluding Jerry from the meeting to decide the kneeling issue wasn't a bigger issue to him and the league.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

If you want to be a crusader against all hypocrisy- you're going to be a miserable, miserable human being.

aria

Reaction score
If you want to be a crusader against all hypocrisy- you're going to be a miserable, miserable human being.
I'm not a crusader against hypocrisy, I just don't like it. I also agree with Jerry for one of the few times in my life and it would be a lot easier for me if he was honest about what this is all about. Saying it's not Roger, it's the position, is a joke and we all know it.

Grow a set Jerry, either go all in and come out with guns blazing and be honest or shut up. I'm willing to bet he would get a lot more support from other owners if he handled this better.

Corso

Reaction score
I'm not a crusader against hypocrisy, I just don't like it. I also agree with Jerry for one of the few times in my life and it would be a lot easier for me if he was honest about what this is all about. Saying it's not Roger, it's the position, is a joke and we all know it.

Grow a set Jerry, either go all in and come out with guns blazing and be honest or shut up. I'm willing to bet he would get a lot more support from other owners if he handled this better.
You know what would be super cool?
I love Pantera, but what about Primus?
Somebody with a Primus avi would be so darn good...

aria

Reaction score
You know what would be super cool?
I love Pantera, but what about Primus?
Somebody with a Primus avi would be so darn good...
Lol, agreed. I just saw them a few months ago for the first time in years. I forgot how much psychedelic stuff they have going on during their shows. Or maybe I forgot how much psychedelic stuff I was on when I last saw them, haha. Either way, fantastic show and highly recommended.

Corso

Reaction score
Lol, agreed. I just saw them a few months ago for the first time in years. I forgot how much psychedelic stuff they have going on during their shows. Or maybe I forgot how much psychedelic stuff I was on when I last saw them, haha. Either way, fantastic show and highly recommended.
Last time I saw them was a Rock Festival in Austin when there was this large open farm area in way South Austin that would host concerts on Slaughter, off of I-35 before the Walmarts and strip malls took over and it was them and Aerosmith and Metallica and I lived 2 blocks away and set my cooler on the roof, with lawn chairs and listened/watched them with friends on the free.

I remember the first half.

We're talking super late 90's.

aria

Reaction score
Last time I saw them was a Rock Festival in Austin when there was this large open farm area in way South Austin that would host concerts on Slaughter, off of I-35 before the Walmarts and strip malls took over and it was them and Aerosmith and Metallica and I lived 2 blocks away and set my cooler on the roof, with lawn chairs and listened/watched them with friends on the free.

I remember the first half.

We're talking super late 90's.
Southpark Meadows! I lived off Riverside around that same time 98-2001. Saw plenty of concerts and worked security at Willies 4th of July Picnic there but didn't see that show. That's awesome :)

Corso

Reaction score
Southpark Meadows! I lived off Riverside around that same time 98-2001. Saw plenty of concerts and worked security at Willies 4th of July Picnic there but didn't see that show. That's awesome :)
Beat ya by a minute... Probably ran into each other 'round that point, in some way, some manner, somewhere.

Corso

Reaction score
Wait, you talking Willie's hangout out in Luchenbach? Or at his place?

aria

Reaction score
Wait, you talking Willie's hangout out in Luchenbach? Or at his place?
I used to work security at a few different venues in and around Austin (Austin Music Hall and the original Backyard primarily) and my boss was good friends with Willie so I worked 3-4 of his 4th of July Picnics. IIRC one was at Southpark Meadows and at least 2 in Luchenbach. Never made it to "Luck" :(.

My boss was really cool though and liked me so she would hook me up with the best spot to virtually do nothing but watch Willie and all the other shows. I'll never forget the time at SM when she let my wife hang with me in between the stage and barrier while he was playing. There were no other security guards, just us with Willie. Never had to worry about anyone jumping over the rail or anything during his picnics.

Corso

Reaction score
I used to work security at a few different venues in and around Austin (Austin Music Hall and the original Backyard primarily) and my boss was good friends with Willie so I worked 3-4 of his 4th of July Picnics. IIRC one was at Southpark Meadows and at least 2 in Luchenbach. Never made it to "Luck" :(.

My boss was really cool though and liked me so she would hook me up with the best spot to virtually do nothing but watch Willie and all the other shows. I'll never forget the time at SM when she let my wife hang with me in between the stage and barrier while he was playing. There were no other security guards, just us with Willie. Never had to worry about anyone jumping over the rail or anything during his picnics.
I had a good friend that would do security for Tom Petty... he did THE BEST Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions and he was a black gentleman with big ol' dreads... Great guy.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I've hated Jerry as a GM. I never really hated him as a person. He always seemed to be the kind of guy you could just hang out with. The players love him. Just wish he would have stepped back and gave a real GM a chance to work wonders with this franchise. The guy would have been loved in Dallas.
COULD have been loved in Dallas? He could run for governor of Texas without campaigning and probably win.

plymkr

Reaction score
This reminds if hiw the chancellor plotted with few senators ti become the emperor in starwars. Goodell has that same face like Palpatine. Dak is our last Jedi
I like this post for so many reasons.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
This confirms what a lot of people have said. Most of the owners like goodell.

khiladi

Reaction score
You must have missed the part that said "grant the committee full authority to do a deal." If the owners were worried about the actual number itself then they shouldn't have delegated that authority to the compensation committee.

Let's just be honest here. We all know what has happened since May that led Jerry to change his mind. Let's not pretend it is about something else.

And you also ignored the part that said:

The rest of the owners were informed on Friday and Saturday of Jones’ intent to sue, and Jones was informed by the committee that he’d no longer have any role in Goodell’s contract negotiations.

As I said, Jerry was de facto part of the committee, meaning that the presumption the owners that favored Jerry Jones opinion on the matter were authorizing the negotiations to proceed with JERRY IN THE PICTURE.

And nowhere is there any proof that Jerry ever gave into the ridiculous salary demands during this time frame..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
The question is do you seriously think 32 owners signed off on authorization without having any idea of the terms or parameters? Do you?

And Jerry was part of that committee in reality, meaning a group of those owners probably had a voice in Jerry... so them going to the committee was with Jerry representing in the negotiations..