Group of N.F.L. Owners Warns Jerry Jones and Threatens Penalties

khiladi

Reaction score
The fact that Jerry supposedly said Goodell lies regarding Zeke not going to be suspended, with these facts in mind, can point to the fact that it was Goodell who used the Zeke issue to try and force Jerry’s hands to submit to the salary terms.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Man that list of owners he is going up against are all the heavy hitters, if he goes to the mattresses and loses, look out.

The Raiders weren't the most penalized team in the league because they were the dirtiest.
Exactly. Jones and the Cowboys have never recovered from the last battle...over revenue and advertising and remember the Cowboys have never won a SB since.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Apparently Jerry has pulled his lawsuit against the league and will not take them to court over Goddell's extension. There is an article about it in the newsfeed zone.

Looks like Jerry is waving the white flag just like Zeke did. I guess threatening to take away his franchise shut Jerry up, not really surprised.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Apparently Jerry has pulled his lawsuit against the league and will not take them to court over Goddell's extension. There is an article about it in the newsfeed zone.

Looks like Jerry is waving the white flag just like Zeke did. I guess threatening to take away his franchise shut Jerry up, not really surprised.

Hmmm.. wondering if he has something elsewhere planned. Anywhere else is a guess.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I hope that there is a real group of owners that stupid and enough balls to be taken quickly to court and thrashed for blatant stupidity in the real world. Jerry, by NFL standards, is no eye sore waiting to be punished.

I'd quit watching the NFL entirely, if that ran the course...
fake news

diefree666

Reaction score

I think that was never really serious anyway. Just like so many of the 'leaks' from the league office its maneuvering.

diefree666

Reaction score
Mara for sure but there has to be many more. He is beating Jerry up and he is doing it with a lot of owner support. There is no other way.

WRONG. Only need a handful. Lots of evidence out there that its only about 5-7 owners that really support Goodell. When you are talking 24 to do anything that number is meaningless.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Was there even a lawsuit? I think there was a threat for one, but nothing actually filed.

Say what you want about Jerry's football management acumen, but Jerry is right in this case. There's no way six owners - a small minority of them - should be deciding the fate or the contract of the commissioner, especially when you consider his record over the years, and that those who are doing so are some of the most successful owners among them as far as winning over Goodell's tenure is concerned. It reeks of collusion, which is easier to do among a small group of people given power as opposed to a larger one.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
C'mon Jerry, lets get some Beaver! Winona and Primus that is, just for fun...

Last edited: