Gruden is back to NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboQB

Reaction score
He said some dude had fish lips
"Michelin Lips" was the phrase and it was hilarious!
Especially, in a private email between friends. I mean, it sounds
like something kids would say at recess. Lighten up, people.

The real kicker, for Gruden, was calling Goodell g-a-y because Roger's brother
happens to be in that group of people.

What people forget is how it was reported. They withheld the emails
but breathlessly reported on how "awful" the emails were... smh.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
"Michelin Lips" was the phrase and it was hilarious!
Especially, in a private email between friends. I mean, it sounds
like something kids would say at recess. Lighten up, people.

The real kicker, for Gruden, was calling Goodell g-a-y because Roger's brother
happens to be in that group of people.

What people forget is how it was reported. They withheld the emails
but breathlessly reported on how "awful" the emails were... smh.
Michelin lips is not funny, and I can understand why it's offensive. Should it have ever gotten out is a whole nother story. Just because you don't think something is offensive shouldn't govern how others feel about it.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grudens own words got him into trouble and somebody in that profession who is in charge of a large group of people with different ethnicities should no better even if he was just joking. That kind of dumarsery can ruin a teams trust in the coach.

With that said. Always felt like they used the Hey look over there at that shiny thing to try and take heat off of snyder.

However in the end it did not work. Snyder changed that name due to NFL pressure because he did not give a rats but about the fans or indians.
And finally he is selling the team.

Even with him changing the name and selling the team I think they did this after the look at the shiny object and news cycle gruden would die down and hope people would forget about mousefart dan.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Michelin lips is not funny, and I can understand why it's offensive. Should it have ever gotten out is a whole nother story. Just because you don't think something is offensive shouldn't govern how others feel about it.
Michelin Lips is hilarious.
There's nothing offensive about it. Dude has big lips.
Childishly immature, maybe, but not offensive at all.

Just because you find something offensive shouldn't govern how others
feel about it... smh

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
No. But I bet there's a lot way worse, more malicious e-mails circulating around NFL. And we never got to see the two-way communication, did we? What ugly dialog was getting bounced around by all the parties.

Ultimately they paid Gruden to be the best coach of the league. When he wasn't they found a way to dump him and get out of the contract.
Yup. Wrong place, wrong time, someone had to take the fall. But, also looks like an ego check for Gruden. You act certain ways, you eventually have to take responsibility. But let’s not full ourselves, if he had just won the Super Bowl last year with Tampa Bay probably would have been a different conclusion. The whole thing is just stupid. Let the guy back in. Football is a meritocracy, if he’s still a great coach, he can prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.