Gruden resigning as Raiders coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
A sincere apology is not enough for writing the dumbest thing ?

Okay , then destroy his career and character. I guess .

I sentence destroys a life .

wow .
Hyperbole at its finest.. his life is not destroyed. His right to 'say' what he wants, doesn't guarantee no societal consequences. He lost his job. He'll find another one. He's not guaranteed some right to make 10 million dollars a year.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Hyperbole at its finest.. his life is not destroyed. His right to 'say' what he wants, doesn't guarantee no societal consequences. He lost his job. He'll find another one. He's not guaranteed some right to make 10 million dollars a year.

you should probably keep reading what i wrote in further posts .

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
It seems a public service announcement is needed... No laws broke, No LGBT or black people were physically hurt in the writing of these emails. So understand we are just talking about feelings. This is the society we live in. :omg:

I would counter by pointing out this is all about money, and not a case where the Raiders or the NFL are trying to take an ethical stand.

This is all about cutting loose ends.

There are no winners here.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I'm not going to dive deep into this topic, but I will leave just one simple thought: I yearn for a time where we can disagree without using words that hurt people to their core.

Seems that’s been a fabric of society for decades though and people seem to be upset that we want a better society with respect and we want to change that.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Gruden is a nut job turd and needs to go. This totally smells like Goodall read the emails and got pissed at Gruden. Clearly there is much more to the story.

I'd like to see some reporters actually dig into this and see what else shakes out of those 650,000 emails. Sadly the level of NFL reporting is terrible and everyone just mails in what ever they are spoon fed.

ESisback

Reaction score
Gruden is permanently banned,

Tyreek Hill and Joe Mixon are ok.
He can take all his money and happily disappear. His family and friends will still be there. Take your millions and go off grid. 7 billion Chinese don’t give a crap!✊

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Let

so many hypocrites in here. Just in the threads on this forum we routinely see people calling people "Idiots," and worse. You dont think we dont have a LOT of posters in here that would use some colorful language to bash posters they dont agree with? ow bout the people that have openly said they will cheer the day Jerry passes away....... but in here its all in good fun, right?

How many people in here havent been out to a bar with friends and made some colorful comments about some sports figure, or themselves made comments about the gay player drafted several years ago??? Gruden is a few years older than myself, and in the 70s the word "Fa..ot was routinely used as a way to insult people. I used to call my older sister that when I was mad at her. Its not commonly used today, but you know people in here have said it.

How many people in here have completely made fun of and definitely used the same words to mock Kaitlyn Jenner? I would say many users in here have. He should be fired. You can not use that language and be the face f a tea, the leader of the team... its not possible. But they hypocrisy from posters in here makes my skin crawl.
Imagine taking the time to write something so dense and tone deaf. My goodness lol.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

100%

Folks can say what they want, but don’t cry about it when feel the repercussions.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I would counter by pointing out this is all about money, and not a case where the Raiders or the NFL are trying to take an ethical stand.

This is all about cutting loose ends.

There are no winners here.
Protect the shield... that's what it's all about.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Hard drives across the NFL are getting the whole Enron treatment as we speak.
you can do what you want , but unless you can get the servers of all the people you sent emaisl to.... nah. If you sent them out, you are screwed. Cmon, some of these were 10 years old.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe had poignant remarks this morning on that very topic. Paraphrasing, he said what someone says when angry or when in privacy amongst friends reveals the most about what they think.
Unc Sharpe always droppin knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.