Guaranteed playoff loss

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No matter what a loss is inevitable in this scenario. Do you take the L i the Conference Championship or the SB?

For me, I would rather lose in the CC. Losing in the SB is too much for me to deal with.
Would you even remember the Bills losing 4 straight CCs?..........Nah, if we lose, I'd prefer it to be as far along as possible.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Yeah... losing in the Super Bowl isn't what you want.

Anytime they replay any clip from the 2011 World Series, it's just like the kick in the junk that's keeps on giving.

stiletto

Reaction score
It all depends on how you lose the game. They are all brutal to lose and you rarely forget any playoff loss. If you go to the Super Bowl it is the pinnacle. You just don't want to get blown out/embarrassed in any playoff game especially the Super Bowl. After what we saw with the Colts, I believe that this team COULD be embarrassed. I didn't think so before that game. Now it worries me.

Last edited:

Alweezy

Reaction score
I'm still having trouble fathoming that we have fans who would rather their team not appear in the Super Bowl than lose in it. Getting to Super Bowls is an accomplishment all by itself, whether you win or lose.

Do we seriously have fans who would have preferred that we didn't make Super Bowl V because we lost to the Colts or X and XIII just because Pittsburgh beat us?

This kind of self defeated questions are something you'd see on a Detroit Lions blog, or Cleveland Browns blog. It's a shame that the Dallas Cowboys are getting into moral victory type scenarios but here we are:

The way I read the question, it wasn't necessarily would you prefer the Cowboys not go to the Super Bowl over losing in the CG. Just getting to the game and all that would come with it would be a lifetime experience win or lose.

But if given the option to lose the big game or lose the game preceding it, which one is easier to move on from or accept. Too me it would easily be the NFCCG just because winning or losing the NFCCG isn't our ultimate goal. I think if the Cowboys made it to a Super Bowl after 25 years of a feeling of hopelessness, it would be a really bad L to take. I mean who are we to say it won't be another 25 years until you get there?

You get to the Super Bowl, you really need to win that game is all I'm saying.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I'm still having trouble fathoming that we have fans who would rather their team not appear in the Super Bowl than lose in it. Getting to Super Bowls is an accomplishment all by itself, whether you win or lose.

Do we seriously have fans who would have preferred that we didn't make Super Bowl V because we lost to the Colts or X and XIII just because Pittsburgh beat us?

Right here buddy.

Jackie Smith's drop and Lynn Swann haunt my dreams.

Yeah... losing in the Super Bowl isn't what you want.

Anytime they replay any clip from the 2011 World Series, it's just like the kick in the junk that's keeps on giving.

Nelson Cruz…………errr.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
No matter what a loss is inevitable in this scenario. Do you take the L i the Conference Championship or the SB?

For me, I would rather lose in the CC. Losing in the SB is too much for me to deal with.

What kinda dumb *** crap is this? To feel this way inside you must truly have a ****** life with no hope. I can't imagine how easily you give up in real life when there's adversity.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
The 2006 NBA Finals hurt as well; especially with the Mavs up by 13 in 4Q of Game 3.
Yeah but the 2011 finals where Mavs won it all was amazing and made losing in 2006 well worth it.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Montana to Clark in the back corner of the end zone.

I hear ya.

Also haunts me, but as much as I hate it (just like OBJ's catch) — and I hate it — it doesn't sting quite as much as Smith's drop or Swan flying around in our secondary.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Just win the next game. And then the next...

I don't know how losing the Super Bowl feels, all of the Super Bowl losses happened before I was born. Considering how 2007, 2009, 2014 and 2016 felt, I doubt I would enjoy it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I hear ya.

Also haunts me, but as much as I hate it (just like OBJ's catch) — and I hate it — it doesn't sting quite as much as Smith's drop or Swan flying around in our secondary.

Smiths drop and crashing my 68 SS Chevelle are the 2 worst memories of my youth LOL

Red Dragon

Reaction score

Much rather lose in the Super Bowl, of course. If you can't win it all, still better to be close than far. And it would let Dallas tie New England's record of 9 Super Bowl appearances.

I've been a Cowboys fan since 1999. I have never even seen them advance beyond the divisional round in my life.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Take a L in the SB, at least you got there and given your team a chance.

This should be a no Brainer.
Why would anyone feel a NFCCG loss is less to deal with than a SB loss. :huh:

Why not? It worked out well for Buffalo from 91 to 94.