Guess who I saw at Wal-Mart last night?

DakAttack

Roy Williams
Reaction score
I ran into Jason Witten. I had to do a double take... He was at the WalMart in Terrell, which is a good hours drive from downtown Dallas, to do an autograph session. I thought it was kindof weird for him to be at a po-dunk walmart on a Tues night.

I did get a ball signed. I felt kindof stupid as I told him to hang in there and that Bledsoe would find him more catches in the second half. You could tell he was being totally whipped by the whole process.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Cool.

When I was in college, I ran into Lester Hayes at a Wal-Mart. He had a table set up for signing autographs. No one was getting him to sign anything. I don't think anyone recognized him since it had been many years since he played. I did and talked to him for a few minutes.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I ran into one of the clothing racks at WalMart because I wasn't watching where I was going.

I never run into anyone famous. :mad:

Congrats RW....must have been cooool. :)

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
We pay the guy peanuts so he has to take scraps from wally world just to make ends meet, sad, sad.

Jimmie

Reaction score
would have been cool to get an autograph. I would have driven from West Ft Worth to get it, if I had known about it..... :bow:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
We pay the guy peanuts so he has to take scraps from wally world just to make ends meet, sad, sad.

:p:

Funny stuff.

Wait until his contract is up. Yowza.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
The only time I saw the Cowboys up close was at the Wichita Falls, Texas TC site... way back in the forgettable Crampo days... I got a what's up from Flozell, Dat, Eb, and Chris Warren back then... Got a cap signed. Campo was a real nice chap by the way anyhoo. It was about 117 degrees back then on that day, and I had to follow the ambulance to the hospital after my bro completely dehydrated out... He got better, we ate mexican food, drove home, and the rest is history. It was literally hotter than hell... almost anyway.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I ran into Tony Dixon at Wal Mart. He was cleaning up a spilled 18 carton of eggs with a mop. I told him to keep it up and someday he can work for me...

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I ran into Tony Dixon at Wal Mart. He was cleaning up a spilled 18 carton of eggs with a mop. I told him to keep it up and someday he can work for me...

nearly choaked on an orio while reading that
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :gent:

Reaction score
Roy Williams said:
I ran into Jason Witten. I had to do a double take... He was at the WalMart in Terrell, which is a good hours drive from downtown Dallas, to do an autograph session. I thought it was kindof weird for him to be at a po-dunk walmart on a Tues night.

I did get a ball signed. I felt kindof stupid as I told him to hang in there and that Bledsoe would find him more catches in the second half. You could tell he was being totally whipped by the whole process.
Cool!
I hope the team is getting enough rest...

mrecktid

Reaction score
When I was around 8 years old, Tony Dorsett was signing autographs at the local Wally-world, or should I say looking for people who wanted autographs. He scolded me after I attempted to wiggle my way through two old ladies who were shopping. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
bbgun said:
"Quincy to Aisle 8 with a mop, please."

:p:

Well, in the beginning, they'd only give him half the aisles so as not to burden him.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:

hilarious!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Now that was funny. It caught me off guard with all the serious posts ahead of it.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I met Charles Haley in a Sears. Line spanning the whole store.

Jay Novacek in a ProCuts. Jay is cool he'll talk to you, I asked how is back was and he said great.

Mel Renfro, Rayfield Wright, and Robert Newhouse and in one session at a Cowboy pro shop in Amarillo. They were awesome, there was a long line so I wasn't even going to say much but they started a pretty lengthy converstation with me. Good guys.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roy Williams said:

That's pretty cool. Walmart sets up these kinds of things all the time.

Down here, Jabar Gaffney - Texans WR did a session during tax season.
It was funny, cuz there were a lot of ladies in line. Must be cuz he's a cutie... :rolleyes: