Gurode-Owens

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2337187 said:
Regardless, you should go after EVERY loose ball. Whistle or no, you just never know what will become of it.
I do agree :) I'm just saying that may be why he hesitated.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Im actually like 90% positive that Owens told Gurode "You're better than that!" when he was yelling on the sidelines.

kbman

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2337127 said:
I was so glad TO called him out. He was having a horrible day, he reacted slow, seemed unaware and slow most of the day. One of his worse performances. Not to mention that bad snap.

I bet if it was a cupcake he would have jumped all over it.

http://img412.*************/img412/3289/cupcakeir3.jpg

:bow::bow::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
robjgrif;2337171 said:
Awesome, that was T O being a leader. I'm glad someone said something about that. Doesn't seem like any coaches said anything. Wow.
your right, It's about Time another Player held a player accountable because the Caoching staff isn't.

cowboyed

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2337328 said:
your right, It's about Time another Player held a player accountable because the Caoching staff isn't.

That's a bit unfair isn't it. Wade will take matters in his hand now and send Gurode to a grief counselor...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyed;2337331 said:
That's a bit unfair isn't it. Wade will take matters in his hand now and send Gurode to a grief counselor...

dr_phil.jpg

Next Time Fat Boy...Get the cupcake, I mean Football!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The only issue I have with that exchange is that it wasn't Romo gettin on Gurode's ***! When is he going to realize that this his HIS team. He needs to be the leader.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar22;2337375 said:
The only issue I have with that exchange is that it wasn't Romo gettin on Gurode's ***! When is he going to realize that this his HIS team. He needs to be the leader.

Romo was getting on his O-Line at one time. I don't remember if it was this play or another but he was not happy and yelling.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2337127 said:
I was so glad TO called him out. He was having a horrible day, he reacted slow, seemed unaware and slow most of the day. One of his worse performances. Not to mention that bad snap.

I bet if it was a cupcake he would have jumped all over it.

http://img412.*************/img412/3289/cupcakeir3.jpg
mmmmmmmm cupcakes........

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar22;2337375 said:
I think I saw Romo yell at him in the huddle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bbgun;2337099 said:
I didn't know what to make of this when it went down. I hate sideline dissenion/antics, but TO might have a point.

http://img247.*************/img247/5465/23145614we2.jpg

TO is a leader on this team and at some point we have to let him be that leader regardless of what the media thinks he is saying.

TO HAS to take on the leadership role and be more vocal and just say screw what ESPN makes of it.

notherbob

Reaction score
Gurode has been slow and dim-witted from day one with the Cowboys. He's just a big, strong dummy and to expect him to be able to think fast is just unreasonable. He's gotta be the worst shotgun snapper in the league for the past few years and shows little sign of improvement, in my view. If you're gonna play him you have to accept his limitations.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was glad to see TO get on him. I was glad to see TO do a little talking on the sidelines to his teammates. I don't care what ESPN thinks about it, or how they spin it, it was a good thing. Someone needed to step up and say something and he did. Good for him.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Gurode was a sluggard the whole game. He seemed disoriented, what with this and the late snaps and not snapping the ball at all when Romo was calling for it.

links18

Reaction score
notherbob;2337432 said:
Gurode has been slow and dim-witted from day one with the Cowboys. He's just a big, strong dummy and to expect him to be able to think fast is just unreasonable. He's gotta be the worst shotgun snapper in the league for the past few years and shows little sign of improvement, in my view. If you're gonna play him you have to accept his limitations.

That and I think Albert Haynesworth stomped whatever sense he had left out of him in 2006 with that cleat to the head......

AbeBeta

Reaction score
notherbob;2337432 said:

Gurode has arguably been one of the best centers in the league over the past two years. Broad criticisms like those above suggest you haven't been watching closely at all.

And regarding the shotgun snaps, he has improved considerably, this was his first problem all year whereas last year he had issues nearly every game

links18

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2337761 said:
Gurode has arguably been one of the best centers in the league over the past two years. Broad criticisms like those above suggest you haven't been watching closely at all.

And regarding the shotgun snaps, he has improved considerably, this was his first problem all year whereas last year he had issues nearly every game

Sorry, Gurode may have talent, but he has always struggled with the mental aspect of the game, which is why he couldn't cut it at guard. He isn't snapping the ball when it should be snapped right now and it often looks like our line is moving before the ball is snapped, this was a problem last year as well, even though we haven't been getting called for it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
links18;2337781 said:
Sorry, Gurode may have talent, but he has always struggled with the mental aspect of the game, which is why he couldn't cut it at guard. He isn't snapping the ball when it should be snapped right now and it often looks like our line is moving before the ball is snapped, this was a problem last year as well, even though we haven't been getting called for it.

Let's see, Gurode's play has put him in the probowl two years running now.

Yes, he sucks.

I think the real problem here is that you don't understand that there simply are not many better centers out there and trying to replace a top 5 center like Gurode is pretty much impossible. He's not perfect but he's far far better than nearly every other starter in the league.

links18

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2337791 said:
Let's see, Gurode's play has put him in the probowl two years running now.

Yes, he sucks.

I think the real problem here is that you don't understand that there simply are not many better centers out there and trying to replace a top 5 center like Gurode is pretty much impossible. He's not perfect but he's far far better than nearly every other starter in the league.

I accept that, but he still struggles mentally at times. Should we cut him? No. Should he be challenged to do better? Yes. Its a real shame that seems to be left up to TO to do and not the coaching staff who seem to have an excuse for every player that screws up.....:(

Boysboy

Reaction score
links18;2337801 said:
I accept that, but he still struggles mentally at times. Should we cut him? No. Should he be challenged to do better? Yes. Its a real shame that seems to be left up to TO to do and not the coaching staff who seem to have an excuse for every player that screws up.....:(

If you remember, when Parcells was here, on shotgun plays, he would take him out and put Proctor in.

The coaches can yell at him all he wants, but ultimately, it's up to HIM. For the record, I like Gurode alot.