Guyton's Play Last Night

Deionindahood

Reaction score
I focused in on Guyton's play last night, specifically his foot work and upper body control. I really believe he has improved his mechanics at the point of attack and is keeping square to the line. He will eventually become a solid tackle for us as he develops this season.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I focused in on Guyton's play last night, specifically his foot work and upper body control. I really believe he has improved his mechanics at the point of attack and is keeping square to the line. He will eventually become a solid tackle for us as he develops this season.
Certainly hope so, he has had some tough assignments to start the season and they haven't really been giving much added help.
He has good athletic ability for a tackle and has flashed, despite some of the highs and lows. Like you I think he could develop into a good LT, but he may not be the all-pro we have been used to seeing.

I think back to Flozell Adam's, his first few years here he showed potential to develop, but didn't exactly dominant on the line. However, he eventually developed into a good LT and if Guyton turns into a similar type of contributor we should all be thrilled.

dckid

Reaction score
He is a rookie, remember Larry Allen?
He was a great pick for the future.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Now one of those holding calls was really questionable, but he still got way too many penalties

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Guyton had a bad game and was blaming the officials. He needs to improve his technique and stop pointing the finger at the officiating.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
he has ability. he has the tools. he lacks experience. is he going to realize his potential? we have to wait and see. he played RT in college and started only 8 games. now moved to LT in NFL, the second toughest position to play on offense and the toughest OL position....he is got a learning curve. and he has to learn on the job

basel90

Reaction score
Guyton played fabulous for a rookie. What strength and agility ,. He stood his ground so far this season against fierce DLs