Guyton's Play Last Night

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
We're going to have to live with Guyton's ups and downs this season as he learns on the job. He's going to be a very good one, just have to be patient with the occasional sack given up or holding call.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Guyton had a bad game and was blaming the officials. He needs to improve his technique and stop pointing the finger at the officiating.
It seems inside rushes are his kryptonite. If every team in the NFL watches film they will attack him inside and its going to be a long year for him if he doesnt get it together.

conner01

Reaction score
I focused in on Guyton's play last night, specifically his foot work and upper body control. I really believe he has improved his mechanics at the point of attack and is keeping square to the line. He will eventually become a solid tackle for us as he develops this season.
He’s never played LT. He’s gonna get stronger and smarter. Quick guys are the hardest and he was getting beat on double moves by a very quick guy

conner01

Reaction score
It seems inside rushes are his kryptonite. If every team in the NFL watches film they will attack him inside and it’s going to be a long year for him if he doesnt get it together.
Thib is very quick. I think he was stressing over him speed rushing around the edge and just setup wrong for the inside move

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
That's probably a good idea, but Jerry gave Steele a contract and he will demand he gets his money's worth, no matter how bad he plays.
Which is what makes Jerry the dumbest owner/GM in the league…..his way of managing the team is full of dumb ideas and everyone sees it but him. Sure, business wise he does things that generate revenue, but it’s not the same as building and fielding a winning team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I focused in on Guyton's play last night, specifically his foot work and upper body control. I really believe he has improved his mechanics at the point of attack and is keeping square to the line. He will eventually become a solid tackle for us as he develops this season.
He's no Tyron Smith. He's going to get our 250M QB killed "developing". PFF has him as the 60th ranked OT.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He needs to stop fearing the edge so much and focus his leverage inside out. The kid has tremendous physical talent and upside, needs to focus on the details. He'll be fine, but it may take some time...as expected.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He needs to stop fearing the edge so much and focus his leverage inside out. The kid has tremendous physical talent and upside, needs to focus on the details. He'll be fine, but it may take some time...as expected.
If you go back to the Cleveland game he got beat a few times by power moves to the outside, and it probably scarred him a bit. I think you're right he will be fine, possibly even better than fine, but I think its going to take a while. He may need a full offseason in the gym which isn't out of the ordinary for a guy who just turned 22.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He looked like a rookie last night, but a rookie with the tools to be a great player. He got beat a lot but definitely didn’t look hopeless.

gtb1943

Reaction score
what worries me a little is him blaming the refs
excuse making is bad news

conner01

Reaction score
He was getting beat inside against Baltimore too.
Yep. He’s got to fix it but he’s never played LT and even those who did struggle in the nfl. In a perfect world he’d be at RT. And it’s possible he is next year. We can get out if Steele deal after this season but then you have to draft a tackle again

conner01

Reaction score
he has 10 Days to get ready for a much better DE....
McCarthy has 10 days to figure out who’s gonna help him because he’s not gonna be able to handle watt on his own. They need to do like they did with the browns and help on some plays

gtb1943

Reaction score
McCarthy has 10 days to figure out who’s gonna help him because he’s not gonna be able to handle watt on his own. They need to do like they did with the browns and help on some plays
they cannot afford to Chaz Green this
Dak might not survive it

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will continue to get better as the season progresses. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a decent jump in his play after the bye.