News: GW: Report: Sean Lee would 'welcome opportunity' to sign with Giants

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a quote from someone who knows him, nothing directly from him but would any player on the bubble with his own team overspending on other players rule any team out?

He hasn't gone to twitter like Bryant did and threatened to go to a division rival. Hell, this isn't even from him.

Damn guys, Lee is one of the best Cowboys ever, always did what he could to help the team and played all out every time he took the field.

His former HC is now with the Giants and they have a worst D than the Cowboys, if he can stay healthy, his mind on the field is a real plus.

Hey, how about reading the story before reacting to the headline?

bewp7

Reaction score
garrett sounds like he already might have a lot of power over there...wonder how long until he takes over as head coach and gm.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Unless he gives a home town discount I'd send him a farewell shout out.

He did that last year and ended up playing all 16 games at a high level. He literally took a pay cut of 5 mill to stay with the team last year.

Neither good ownership nor knowledgeable fans would request a discount. Lee deserves market value. That value may not be very high (e.g., around 3-4 mill on a one-year deal) but asking him discount that rate further is ridiculous. If we don't want him at market value, simply tell him that.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He did that last year and ended up playing all 16 games at a high level. He literally took a pay cut of 5 mill to stay with the team last year.

Neither good ownership nor knowledgeable fans would request a discount. Lee deserves market value. That value may not be very high (e.g., around 3-4 mill on a one-year deal) but asking him discount that rate further is ridiculous. If we don't want him at market value, simply tell him that.
Even though I would prefer not to bring him back I think the decision will 100% be based on how serious LVE's neck condition really is.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:flagwave:
3qthnc.jpg

@ESisback

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he? he wants to play and if the giants make a good offer he should take it. Same with any player. It's the cowboys choice not to offer him, witten, etc a contract then they need to seek employment with another team.
If he wants to win a championship, he's better off in Dallas than with the Giants. Not saying the Cowboys are winning one, but the Giants DEFINITELY are not

glimmerman

Reaction score
He has only made 46 million. He needs some more. I want him back for insurance.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why wouldn't he? he wants to play and if the giants make a good offer he should take it. Same with any player. It's the cowboys choice not to offer him, witten, etc a contract then they need to seek employment with another team.

Exactly. I sometimes don't get our fan base. All we do is talk this guy down over the last couple of years and now we are pissed at him for wanting a job. Unbelievable. If the Cowboys don't want him, then why not stay in the division, where he knows all the personnel and teams, and sign with a team who needs a LB. What is one of the Giants biggest needs? You guessed it, LB. I mean, I just don't get it.

I'd hate to see him in a Giants uni but I understand it.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly. I sometimes don't get our fan base. All we do is talk this guy down over the last couple of years and now we are pissed at him for wanting a job. Unbelievable. If the Cowboys don't want him, then why not stay in the division, where he knows all the personnel and teams, and sign with a team who needs a LB. What is one of the Giants biggest needs? You guessed it, LB. I mean, I just don't get it.

I'd hate to see him in a Giants uni but I understand it.

We as fans have to remember these players dont bleed the team colors like we do. They used to but player movement is a real thing now days. Teams have to be loyal to the players nor or those players can move on and guess what. Division rivals see these guys more than any other. The giants scouts, front office has seen 1st hand how lee had beat them up for the last decade. Makes sense to bring in if he fits their need, same with any other veteran.