News: GW: Report: Sean Lee would 'welcome opportunity' to sign with Giants

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's up to the team to draft players and acquire free agents that improve upon those who have lingered on our roster throughout the years. Sean Lee has seen both the good and poor years that have marked his past. This new staff and the team will decide what's best for their future without clinging to those who can't admit their talents have eroded. I'm perfectly willing to allow this staff to discern who is best to improve this team's future. Players always do what they must to serve themselves. Sean Lee is surely no exception. What will be will be. I'll wish him well, whatever his future holds in store.

Last edited:

DHCBF66

Reaction score
I just changed jobs for a promotion and more $$$, you go where you can provide, nothing wrong with that at all.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he wants to win a championship, he's better off in Dallas than with the Giants. Not saying the Cowboys are winning one, but the Giants DEFINITELY are not

1. This is not up to him. he's not pricing himself out of dallas if stephen doesn't offer him a contract.
2. We'll be lucky to win the division over the next 5 years. MM will be fired after 4.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He’s probably saying it so pushes cowboys to keep him and not help the giants. But unless he takes a discount. Buh bye

cern

Reaction score
he's probably just hurt the cowboys haven't reached out to him yet. he'll get over it.

quickccc

Reaction score
even if Sean Lee returned under another cheap dollar rate, i already had hoped we find his young heir apparent replacement and more quality LB depth.
have that young developing share in some reps and snaps this year before becoming the indeed permanent starting strong side LB.

if not then its' either a draftee or experienced vet FA as the immediate starter should Lee depart to NYG. but the plan to place Lee has to go into place this
year .. in one way or another,

Swanny

Reaction score
Report: Sean Lee would 'welcome opportunity' to sign with Giants

usatsi_13331367.jpg

Veteran linebacker Sean Lee would "welcome the opportunity" to sign with the New York Giants if not brought back by the Dallas Cowboys.

Read Full Story
I love Lee and Witten. I still think both have a little something left to offer. But I'm not gonna be upset if they leave. I'm fine either way. It's likely you can get the same production from cheap rookies. So either way I'm cool with it. If they sign with the Giants it's not going to upset me. They aren't game changing talents anymore so it would be just meh.

quickccc

Reaction score
He’s probably saying it so pushes cowboys to keep him and not help the giants. But unless he takes a discount. Buh bye

i'm definitely not for getting into a bidding war for an at near's end of career who will be 34 year old in july.
You offer him a dollar rate and role and say take it or leave it

lockster

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he? he wants to play and if the giants make a good offer he should take it. Same with any player. It's the cowboys choice not to offer him, witten, etc a contract then they need to seek employment with another team.
The problem here isn't that it's ok to play for another team if you don't come back, but that he's saying this publically. That's a problem.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem here isn't that it's ok to play for another team if you don't come back, but that he's saying this publically. That's a problem.

It shouldn't be. He's not being a jerk, not demanding anything, he's doing what you would do if your employer let you go. People need to get over themselves with this none sense acting like a player needs to be loyal to a team that isn't loyal to him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It shouldn't be. He's not being a jerk, not demanding anything, he's doing what you would do if your employer let you go. People need to get over themselves with this none sense acting like a player needs to be loyal to a team that isn't loyal to him.

I agree. Besides, if we are being honest, this board has not really treated Lee all that well over the last season or two. All you ever hear is how he needs to retire and how he isn't worth the money. Well, what he is doing is exactly what should happen here. He really doesn't owe us anything in my opinion. He's been one of my very favorite Cowboys but if he's not ready to retire and the team doesn't want to retain him, then he should be free to go out and find work, just like any other American and what's more, there is nothing written in his contract that says he can't talk about playing for somebody else. That's just crazy. Like any one of us wouldn't talk up a potential job offer if we were in need of work.

Come on people....

lockster

Reaction score
Dallas hasn't let him go yet, and has actually spoken about wanting him back. :). So, no, I wouldn't be doing this or I wouldn't be speaking out against it. I actually try to follow my own belief systems and only expect what I thinks right from others as I would do myself. :)

fredp22

Reaction score
Witten said the same thing about moving on after meeting with MM. Wonder if the meetings were to tell both their roles will be diminished if not eliminated. If so I back MM.
Why else would Lee out of the blue say he wants to go to NY- a team in a rebuilding mode.