RELEASED Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Released

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Wow.

I was never big on Clinton-Dix but cutting him outright is a shocker. There is more to this story, I refuse to believe that Thompson is starting material.

Apparently he had a bad camp, I guess we found out what Chicago and the division rival "Football" team already knew...eek!

The player simply is not very good right now.

stiletto

Reaction score
He must have looked just awful in practice. Never thought he was real good anyways, not sure why they even bothered.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
You're so quick to rule out a Dexter Coakley unretirement and position change.

Could be Bobbie (Barbie) Carpenter.....dropped some of his Linebacker weight.....looking to start his career over as a box safety........

blueblood70

Reaction score

Signed in March to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million, veteran safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was released by the Cowboys Thursday, according to multiple sources. Clinton-Dix was guaranteed $2.25 million as part of the deal but his release opens $1.5 million in cap space. In making the move, the Cowboys must believe Xavier Woods (groin) will be healthy for the opener but adding a safety would appear to be a need

OR ET is coming :))

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They have to have some type of plan in place. It's either ET or they have discussions going on for a safety. I love the way the team is operating now. Drafting top players available with each pick and cutting your loses on a bad free agent. Dix never would have been cut under Garrett.

cowboygo

Reaction score
It's not like they're going to just plan man on him with a safety all game...
I'd rather have Higbee have a field day on us than their WRs honestly. But my understanding, especially from last year's Vikings game, Thompson is a run-stopping/box-safety. And he has issues in coverage.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
No Earl Thomas. You will get Thompson and whatever flexed corner and you will like it.

I can't see it. Maybe the previous administration would try something that foolish. They gotta have a starting caliber S en route to Frisco as we speak. Either Jefferson or Earl....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why do fans always have bring up the eating crow??? Who gives a duck? If it makes your nerve twinge, good for you.
Because there are a lot of fans on here who don't know what they're talking about, but swear they're Bill Parcells.

HaHa - who some have been clamoring for since 2018 - is a perfect example. The guy hasn't been good for almost 5 years lmao.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If for nothing else wouldnt it have been a decent idea to keep Dix for depth?

I'm not really getting the point here.

I certainly hope theres more to it.

Nope. Saved $1.5 million and forces them to go get an upgrade. Have patience, they will be making a move at safety.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Signed in March to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million, veteran safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was released by the Cowboys Thursday, according to multiple sources. Clinton-Dix was guaranteed $2.25 million as part of the deal but his release opens $1.5 million in cap space. In making the move, the Cowboys must believe Xavier Woods (groin) will be healthy for the opener but adding a safety would appear to be a need

did not see this coming back when he was signed , crazy he couldn't make this team, im curious to exactly why noone ever commented on his practices and habits etc..to be that bad to not make this roster as a S OMFG , that BAD

did he not pick u the defense not go all out have an attitude thought he should start and got pouty?