Haa, I Just Noticed G-men Schedule

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1755197 said:
BUT YOU HAVE TO LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE POST IN ALL CAPS. I PERSONALLY LIKE BOLDING IT TOO AND INCREASING THE SIZE.

Almost a perfect post. SHould of underlined it too.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TheSkaven;1755109 said:
Would now be a bad time to mention that the only team we've beaten with a winning record is the Giants? Other teams we've beaten: Rams (0-8), Dolphins (0-8), Eagles (3-5), Vikings (3-5), Bears (3-5), Buffalo (4-4)

It's give or take... we get no credit for beating them, yet they have two losses to the top teams in the NFC...

True, they weren't 100% but neither were we...

If our offense shows up we should win this game...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
BoysRule2;1755103 said:
Really-the Giants pass rush is SCARY-who cares who've they've played? IF offensive coordinators game plan by NOT giving that respect to Osi, Tuck, and Aaron Roos, then they should be thrown in jail.:mad:

As Micky pointed out in his article, of the 30 sacks they break down as follows.

TOTOAL SACKS: 30

AGAINST PHILLY:12
AGAINST 49ERS: 6

THAT LEAVES 12 SACKS FOR 6 GAMES = 2 SACKS PER GAME.

OUTSIDE OF 2 GAMES, THEY HAVE BEEN AVERAGE GETTING TO THE QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
TheSkaven;1755109 said:
Would now be a bad time to mention that the only team we've beaten with a winning record is the Giants? Other teams we've beaten: Rams (0-8), Dolphins (0-8), Eagles (3-5), Vikings (3-5), Bears (3-5), Buffalo (4-4)

But we are not being pumped by the media as the second coming of Lombardi's Packers.

In fact, alot of the media have been critical of Dallas because of their schedule.

My complaint is with the media coverage the Giants are getting compared to us. Many have already crowned the Giants the best in the NFC and we have "not been tested yet".:rolleyes:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
tomson75;1755107 said:
Ummm....the Giants are the only team above .500 that we've beaten.

Yet the Giants are crowned by the media as the "best in the NFC" and we have not beat anybody.

So the g-men get a pass and we have to "prove ourselves"????:mad:

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
viman96;1755117 said:
who cares...this is not college football where strength of schedule matters.

Actually, ummm... Yeah it matters. If we end up in a tie in records, then strength of schedule is a tie breaker...

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1755558 said:
Actually, ummm... Yeah it matters. If we end up in a tie in records, then strength of schedule is a tie breaker...

division and conf record matter more. strength of schedule rarely comes into play. again this is not college football...where strength of schedule and media bias play a major role in the BCS. Thankfully NFL teams do not have to worry about opinions determining who makes the playoffs or seeding.

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1755102 said:
THE ONLY TEAM ON THEIR SCHEDULE ABOVE .500 THAT THEY ACTUALY BEAT WAS A COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY OVER THE DEADSKINS.

YOU KIDDING ME, 1 WIN ON THE SEASON AGAINST A TEAM ABOVE .500. THE MEDIA HAS BEEN PUMPING THEM LIKE THEY ARE THE SECOND COMING OF LOMBARDI'S PACKERS......WOW!!!:eek:

While you were looking at their schedule, did you happen across your guys' schedule? I mean come on! Boston College could beat the guys you have so far.

Note to Cowboys fans:

Wait til you play the real teams on your schedule, and IF you still do well, THEN you can decorate those parade floats you've had in storage since the 90s.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1755535 said:
But we are not being pumped by the media as the second coming of Lombardi's Packers.

In fact, alot of the media have been critical of Dallas because of their schedule.

My complaint is with the media coverage the Giants are getting compared to us. Many have already crowned the Giants the best in the NFC and we have "not been tested yet".:rolleyes:

Not completely true, that Hub guy from Pro football weekly has dubbed the Packers the best in the NFC

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
viman96;1755561 said:
division and conf record matter more. strength of schedule rarely comes into play. again this is not college football...where strength of schedule and media bias play a major role in the BCS. Thankfully NFL teams do not have to worry about opinions determining who makes the playoffs or seeding.

True, but it has come down to strength of schedule before, so we can't really disregard it.

NFL Playoff Tie Breakers in order:
  1. Head-to-head (team with the best record in all games played between the teams tied)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. (This is for determining Division Champion; also, if there is a tie for a wild-card berth, this is used for breaking ties within a division.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (only applicable with a minimum of 4 common opponents)
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory (winning percentage of opponents that were beaten)
  6. Strength of schedule (winning percentage of all opponents played)
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed. (That is, the "strength of victory" for all opponents from the same conference.)
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed (That is, the "strength of victory" for all opponents.)
  9. Best net points in common games
  10. Best net points in all games
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games
  12. Coin flip.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
about the Giants being crowned the best team in the NFC. All the talk the past two weeks has been whether or not the Giants can avoid what has happened to them the last two seasons. I have seen nothing about them being the best team in the NFC. Even if they beat the Cowboys today, that just means they are 1-1 against them and still behind the Packers.

You guys are making this stuff up.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom [Giants fan];1755815 said:
about the Giants being crowned the best team in the NFC. All the talk the past two weeks has been whether or not the Giants can avoid what has happened to them the last two seasons. I have seen nothing about them being the best team in the NFC. Even if they beat the Cowboys today, that just means they are 1-1 against them and still behind the Packers.

I don't care what the media says. I get tired of people on this board whining about what the media says...so much so that I made this pic...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/ItsNotFair.jpg

However with that said.

The media many times have said that the giants are on the upswing and many are picking them as the team that will win. They rarely make mention of their schedules against losing teams compared to how many times they mention it with the Cowboys.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];1755815 said:

No, they aren't. Several analysts have proclaimed the Giants to be superior to the Cowboys and Packers over the last week. I'm not sure why you feel like you can come to this board and grace us with all of your "truth", but we're a fairly well-informed bunch over here. Sure, there are your exaggerations, and those members that do make things up, but it's the exception to the rule here...and this isn't an exception.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
Mike Francessa mentioned the Giants schedule about 20 times on the NFL Now this morning. It is brought up plenty. The New York media mentions it in the papers every day. A lot of people are waiting to annoint the Giants ready for a serious playoff run until they play today.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
In the NFL it is based on W-L record and not someone's opinion.

In college, the media and other coaches opinion play a major role in determining the "strength" of a teams schedule.

So I guess what I'm really driving at is that in the NFL, the media's opinion of any team is just weekly fodder for their paycheck.

This year in particular seems worse than years past. Much of the media is banging on ALL NFL teams on who they played.

Also in the NFL, the governing body determines every teams schedule which means you can only play who is on your schedule. The playoffs were designed to weed out inferior teams to determine the season's champion. As we know in college, the schedule is determined by the AD's which means they have a great amount of input into their respective "strength" of schedule.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom [Giants fan];1755838 said:
Mike Francessa mentioned the Giants schedule about 20 times on the NFL Now this morning. It is brought up plenty. The New York media mentions it in the papers every day. A lot of people are waiting to annoint the Giants ready for a serious playoff run until they play today.

I am talking national media, not local.

By and far on ESPN and other programs they have brought up the Cowboys having an easy schedule, not playing anyone compared to how many times I have heard it about the cowboys.

The most I hear about the Giants is the upswing. How they are a different team.

Just a few minutes ago on Sportscenter Keys was talking about how they are a different team...oddly enough I did not hear him, or others, mention how the cowboys are also a different team.

See what I am getting at here?

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
No, they aren't. Several analysts have proclaimed the Giants to be superior to the Cowboys and Packers over the last week. I'm not sure why you feel like you can come to this board and grace us with all of your "truth", but we're a fairly well-informed bunch over here. Sure, there are your exaggerations, and those members that do make things up, but it's the exception to the rule here...and this isn't an exception.

Yeah, several analysts out of how many? There are just as many questioning the Giants and whether or not they are going to implode yet again in the second half. And I can come here because I live in New York where I read and hear every day not only the praise but all the doubts that are floating around. You guys may be taking the talk about how the Giants are improved and using it to make your point but I hear all the negative comments too. And there are plenty.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
tomson75;1755107 said:
Ummm....the Giants are the only team above .500 that we've beaten.

Exactly, and two of the teams we defeated haven't won a game yet. As a matter of fact, we've defeated 7 teams with a total of 19 wins between them....Even with NY's 6 wins, our opponents don't have an average of 3 victories.

Actually, I think that's true of most winning teams this year...there aren't a lot of above average teams...you are either clearly one of the better teams or you are one of the bottom feeders. We may see an 8-8 team make the playoffs this year.