Hakim already cut(was never actually signed)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
wow, didnt take Vermeil long to figure out what most everyone already knew...Hakim is a thug and he sux....cant believe so many on here thought this turd was a really good possible addition:

Chiefs | Hakim No Longer With Team
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:47:57 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs have confirmed to KFFL that recently added WR Az-Zahir Hakim is no longer on the team's roster. Head coach Dick Vermeil is expected to address the situation Friday, June 17.

mbanx

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
wow, didnt take Vermeil long to figure out what most everyone already knew...Hakim is a thug and he sux....cant believe so many on here thought this turd was a really good possible addition:

The Kansas City Chiefs have confirmed to KFFL that recently added WR Az-Zahir Hakim is no longer on the team's roster. Head coach Dick Vermeil is expected to address the situation Friday, June 17.

Now thats funny. What an idiot, he has some ability but guys like this think they can come in and call the shots. Oakland will probably take him though, I am glad Vermeil did not put up with his a@@.

For this short of period of employment does money actually change hands?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

Hey D. What's the deal with this guy? I missed this.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wrong.

He never officially signed.

BREAKING NEWS: Hakim Headed to Saints

230199.jpg

Hakim backed out of his deal with the Chiefs.

By Nick Athan Publisher
Date: Jun 17, 2005

Warpaint Illustrated has learned that wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim has decided to sign a contract with the New Orleans Saints. The deal could be announced as soon as today.

Late this morning Warpaint Illustrated was tipped off that the deal went south. According to our source, Hakim briskly left town and indicated that he would not be coming to Kansas City after contract talks failed to yield a long term deal that he had hoped to get from the Chiefs.

Apparently Hakim and his agent hit a snag in those understood contract talks. Both Hakim and his agent left town after the talks broke off with the Chiefs. His agent Bruce Tolner quickly called the Saints and they remained interested in acquiring the former Detroit Lions receiver.

This was an unusual change of heart for Hakim who professed his love for the Chiefs organization and Head Coach Dick Vermeil. He clearly wanted to play for them two days ago.

But in the NFL money talks and the two sides could not reach an agreement on the terms of the contract.

Though Hakim was not expected to be a starter; the team is looking for a veteran receiver to compete for the #3 position.

According to our source at Arrowhead, the decision for Hakim to sign with the Saints was the direct result of a conversation between Hakim and Vermeil. Both felt that the Saints would give him a better long term situation then playing just one-year in Kansas City with no guarantees of a long term contract. After that conversation, the Chiefs and Hakim agreed to part ways mutually.

With this development, Kansas City might turn its attention back to former Eagles wide receiver Freddie Mitchell or the Seahwaks Koren Robinson.

Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for more news from training camp on this developing story.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Warpaint Illustrated has learned that wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim has decided to sign a contract with the New Orleans Saints. The deal could be announced as soon as today.

Good move.....Horn and Stallworth will make him look like an all-pro again

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Good move.....Horn and Stallworth will make him look like an all-pro again

And he will be playing on turf which I would think would be an advantage for him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
:michael:

Even though it's really afternoon

You know this is the first time I've addressed you since I seen your picture. The nightmares have finally ceased and I don't need the light on my nightstand on when I go to bed... but I still need the one in the hallway. Maybe in a few months I can do without it. :D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
junk said:
And he will be playing on turf which I would think would be an advantage for him.

I believe the Saints play on the same surface the Lions did, so that cannot be why he levelled off.

Getting out of that Rams system probably hurt more than anything else. It basically was like a run and shoot and he fit in well. He really needs to be a third receiver, as he is not cut out to be a starter like the Lions wanted.

I still would have taken the one year deal from KC. It is not like they have much competition there and the offense is what he had in St. Louis for all practical purposes. I would bet that if Vermeil left (and he is probably gone after this year), any chance of a long term contract would leave with him, so that is why Hakim balked.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I believe the Saints play on the same surface the Lions did, so that cannot be why he levelled off.

Getting out of that Rams system probably hurt more than anything else. It basically was like a run and shoot and he fit in well. He really needs to be a third receiver, as he is not cut out to be a starter like the Lions wanted.

I still would have taken the one year deal from KC. It is not like they have much competition there and the offense is what he had in St. Louis for all practical purposes. I would bet that if Vermeil left (and he is probably gone after this year), any chance of a long term contract would leave with him, so that is why Hakim balked.

You are right about NO have field turf.

I am not justifying his drop off in play, just saying he seems like he would do better on turf than on grass (K.C.). He seems like a guy who game is based on speed and turf would accentuate that more than grass.

I think his drop off in play is due to the fact that he is a #3 who Detroit was trying to make a #1.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Wrong.

He never officially signed.

BREAKING NEWS: Hakim Headed to Saints

230199.jpg

Hakim backed out of his deal with the Chiefs.

By Nick Athan Publisher
Date: Jun 17, 2005

Late this morning Warpaint Illustrated was tipped off that the deal went south. According to our source, Hakim briskly left town and indicated that he would not be coming to Kansas City after contract talks failed to yield a long term deal that he had hoped to get from the Chiefs.

Apparently Hakim and his agent hit a snag in those understood contract talks. Both Hakim and his agent left town after the talks broke off with the Chiefs. His agent Bruce Tolner quickly called the Saints and they remained interested in acquiring the former Detroit Lions receiver.

This was an unusual change of heart for Hakim who professed his love for the Chiefs organization and Head Coach Dick Vermeil. He clearly wanted to play for them two days ago.

But in the NFL money talks and the two sides could not reach an agreement on the terms of the contract.

Though Hakim was not expected to be a starter; the team is looking for a veteran receiver to compete for the #3 position.

According to our source at Arrowhead, the decision for Hakim to sign with the Saints was the direct result of a conversation between Hakim and Vermeil. Both felt that the Saints would give him a better long term situation then playing just one-year in Kansas City with no guarantees of a long term contract. After that conversation, the Chiefs and Hakim agreed to part ways mutually.

With this development, Kansas City might turn its attention back to former Eagles wide receiver Freddie Mitchell or the Seahwaks Koren Robinson.

Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for more news from training camp on this developing story.
Great follow-up.

talk about premature bashing good job MichaelWinicki, Yeagermeister and dbair1967. :rolleyes:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
You know this is the first time I've addressed you since I seen your picture. The nightmares have finally ceased and I don't need the light on my nightstand on when I go to bed... but I still need the one in the hallway. Maybe in a few months I can do without it. :D

Just imagine how Mrs Yeagermeister has felt for the last 6 yrs :D