Hakim already cut(was never actually signed)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Just imagine how Mrs Yeagermeister has felt for the last 6 yrs :D

I guess the light on the nightstand is going to be on tonight! :)

coach316

Reaction score
Q&A with DICK VERMEIL
Jun 17, 2005, 4:30:21 PM

Q: What happened with Az Hakim?

DICK VERMEIL: “Az and his agent got together and they really felt his best situation was not here for him. Then he and I discussed it. I told you all along that I wanted what was best for him and I think he’s going to end up in New Orleans.

“I was little disappointed, but I understand. That’s just the nature of this game. You can’t have everything you want.”

Q: Why wasn’t it a better situation for him? Was it contract related?vermc2

VERMEIL: “Everything’s related: the total situation wasn’t as good. You’re trying to get somebody for the minimum and somebody else’s is offering you more. I think he did what anyone else would do.”

Q: Are you bringing anyone else in?

VERMEIL: “We might.”

Q: Freddie Mitchell?

VERMEIL: ‘We might. We’re in contact with Freddie because we had him in here before.”

Q: Did Az have expectations that maybe were higher than they might have been? Did he think he might be a starter?

VERMEIL: “I never told him he would. The only thing I told him I told you: come in and compete and we’ll give you an opportunity. If you’re not a starter you can compete for a third or fourth wide receiver.”

Q: Was there any indication that he might be having second thoughts?

VERMEIL: “No, we had agreements, but we kept thinking about it. It wasn’t the best opportunity for Az and I’m happy for him.”

Q: Was it a case where he had a signed contract and you had to release him?

VERMEIL: “Almost.”

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
coach316 said:
“I was little disappointed, but I understand. That’s just the nature of this game. You can’t have everything you want.”

I wonder if tears welled up in his eyes right about this point. I guarantee you he got verklempt.

coach316

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I wonder if tears welled up in his eyes right about this point. I guarantee you he got verklempt.

Michael Myers in a bad wig and make up just flashed through my brain. Thanks for the visual Alexander. :p: :D

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Wrong.

He never officially signed.

BREAKING NEWS: Hakim Headed to Saints

230199.jpg

Hakim backed out of his deal with the Chiefs.

By Nick Athan Publisher
Date: Jun 17, 2005

Warpaint Illustrated has learned that wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim has decided to sign a contract with the New Orleans Saints. The deal could be announced as soon as today.

Late this morning Warpaint Illustrated was tipped off that the deal went south. According to our source, Hakim briskly left town and indicated that he would not be coming to Kansas City after contract talks failed to yield a long term deal that he had hoped to get from the Chiefs.

Apparently Hakim and his agent hit a snag in those understood contract talks. Both Hakim and his agent left town after the talks broke off with the Chiefs. His agent Bruce Tolner quickly called the Saints and they remained interested in acquiring the former Detroit Lions receiver.

This was an unusual change of heart for Hakim who professed his love for the Chiefs organization and Head Coach Dick Vermeil. He clearly wanted to play for them two days ago.

But in the NFL money talks and the two sides could not reach an agreement on the terms of the contract.

Though Hakim was not expected to be a starter; the team is looking for a veteran receiver to compete for the #3 position.

According to our source at Arrowhead, the decision for Hakim to sign with the Saints was the direct result of a conversation between Hakim and Vermeil. Both felt that the Saints would give him a better long term situation then playing just one-year in Kansas City with no guarantees of a long term contract. After that conversation, the Chiefs and Hakim agreed to part ways mutually.

With this development, Kansas City might turn its attention back to former Eagles wide receiver Freddie Mitchell or the Seahwaks Koren Robinson.

Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for more news from training camp on this developing story.

He needs astro turf to be effective

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
We don't need any more injury prone midgets.

Yeah ... I guess we don't want any imrpovements in the recieving department.

... Oh well. I hope Drew Henson really lights it up!

:thumbup:

:leave:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Yeah ... I guess we don't want any imrpovements in the recieving department.

... Oh well. I hope Drew Henson really lights it up!

:thumbup:

:leave:

If he's hurt is he really an improvement? I would say no

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles said:
Great follow-up.

talk about premature bashing good job MichaelWinicki, Yeagermeister and dbair1967. :rolleyes:

Hey, hey, hey!

I wasn't ripping... I was just making turd jokes~

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
wow, didnt take Vermeil long to figure out what most everyone already knew...Hakim is a thug and he sux....cant believe so many on here thought this turd was a really good possible addition:

Chiefs | Hakim No Longer With Team
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:47:57 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs have confirmed to KFFL that recently added WR Az-Zahir Hakim is no longer on the team's roster. Head coach Dick Vermeil is expected to address the situation Friday, June 17.

He wasn't cut, the deal fell through. Vermeil talked about it on Total Access - Hakim thinks he has stronger opportunities elsewhere.

From the Redzone.

WR Hakim won't sign with Chiefs

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Free agent wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim will not sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, coach Dick Vermeil said Friday.

The Chiefs said earlier this week that they had reached agreement on a one-year contract with Hakim, who played for Vermeil when the St. Louis Rams won the Super Bowl six years ago.

Hakim and his agent felt the wide receiver would fit in better somewhere else, Vermeil said.

"I was little disappointed, but I understand," Vermeil said. "That's just the nature of this game. You can't have everything you want."

The Chiefs have not committed to bringing in another receiver, Vermeil said, but have been in contact with former Eagles wideout Freddie Mitchell.

Hakim, released by the Detroit Lions in April, had not signed a contract with Kansas City.

"We had agreements, but we kept thinking about it," Vermeil said. "It wasn't the best opportunity for Az, and I'm happy for him."