Half good half bad start to FA

shabazz

Reaction score
so far the good sign is that letting Pollard and Bidasz go means we are not paying our mediocre to just good players more than they should to stay
Yeah, it's gotta be killing him to admit defeat with those two players.... but being in cap hell doesn't allow his ego to be protected by resigning them

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If they actually do something with the money saved from letting these guys walk it's a good thing. Letting talent walk, even mid tier guys, only to try and replace them with worse free agents or 5th round draft picks isn't a quality strategy if this team wants to actually contend in 2024.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Team only need to pick up 3-4 quality guys that can still play. I'm ok with moving forward on those guys. Hated to see waste money of Pollard last year.

stinkface

Reaction score
As I said somewhere else, we haven't played on the first day of free agency since before Jerry got his face lift. I doubt the phones at Valley Ranch are even are turned on.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m on team rebuild so I’m “all in” on the free agency so far.

I wouldn’t have matched any of the contracts given to our players and I wouldn’t have matched some of the other big contracts we’ve seen in positions of need, like Saquan.

Now, for me to remain content, they need to not extend Dak. The only reason I can see to extend Dak right now would be to get room for free agents so I’m hoping the two decisions are going hand in hand.

Can’t have it both ways. For all those clamoring for big free agency, that’s just the way it works.

Now, if Jerry extends him and then all we do is extend CeeDee and Micah, then that would be classic Jerry and I wouldn’t be cool with that.

Kwyn

Reaction score
If they actually do something with the money saved from letting these guys walk it's a good thing. Letting talent walk, even mid tier guys, only to try and replace them with worse free agents or 5th round draft picks isn't a quality strategy if this team wants to actually contend in 2024.
There is likely no money to keep those guys without restructuring Dak. You on board with that?

I’m not.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
How's it "halfl good-half bad"??? Should be all bad and all the same........