Half good half bad start to FA

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
There is likely no money to keep those guys without restructuring Dak. You on board with that?

I’m not.
I am if they’d actually improve the roster. They need to make a decision to be all in on 2024 or completely go in a different direction. Worst thing they can do is keep running it back.

Flamma

Reaction score
Team only need to pick up 3-4 quality guys that can still play. I'm ok with moving forward on those guys. Hated to see waste money of Pollard last year.
That's what I don't get about this team. They'll pay a player they drafted like Pollard 10m. Coming off a serious injury no less. But not a free agent.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Are their phones on the yacht?
I’m sure that the communications capabilities of that yacht are better than some teams home office.

It’s not like they are going to come back into port and be like “so, let’s go through all of the telegrams that piled up and don’t forget the packet from the pony express rider that came through last week!”

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m on team rebuild so I’m “all in” on the free agency so far.

I wouldn’t have matched any of the contracts given to our players and I wouldn’t have matched some of the other big contracts we’ve seen in positions of need, like Saquan.

Now, for me to remain content, they need to not extend Dak. The only reason I can see to extend Dak right now would be to get room for free agents so I’m hoping the two decisions are going hand in hand.

Can’t have it both ways. For all those clamoring for big free agency, that’s just the way it works.

Now, if Jerry extends him and then all we do is extend CeeDee and Micah, then that would be classic Jerry and I wouldn’t be cool with that.
This is spot on right here. If they're not going to do anything in free agency anyway, there's no real need to extend Dak this year. If they wanted any of the higher priced free agents, Dak would have been extended already.

We're probably going to get the classic Jerry. He'll wait for the dinner party to be over. Then pick at all of the things people left on their plates, like coleslaw and cold fries. That's his FA. Then go on to extend Dak and Lamb.

lostar2009

Reaction score
That's what I don't get about this team. They'll pay a player they drafted like Pollard 10m. Coming off a serious injury no less. But not a free agent.
They botch that. I been saying Pollar could've been had for like 5/6M if we signed him last year. Titans get him for 8M. No. One pays this guy 10M.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No one forced them to tag him. They had all offseason to figure it out. Just like they do this offseason.
I’m saying they paid him 10 because of the tag. They didn’t just sign him to a one year deal. They paid what the tag was.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
so far the good sign is that letting Pollard and Bidasz go means we are not paying our mediocre to just good players more than they should to stay
Isn't this exactly what they have done with Dak? He's still here too.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw a Tad Prescott tweet talking about how good the Eagles front office is. I don't know how to post that tweet here....sorry.

Big_D

Reaction score
The good is not overpaying those players, the bad is no money to start free agency. If they had money, those guys would already be overpaid Cowboys weeks ago.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m sure that the communications capabilities of that yacht are better than some teams home office.

It’s not like they are going to come back into port and be like “so, let’s go through all of the telegrams that piled up and don’t forget the packet from the pony express rider that came through last week!”
Yep, was just having fun.
If you don't laugh, you will cry this off season!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If they actually do something with the money saved from letting these guys walk it's a good thing. Letting talent walk, even mid tier guys, only to try and replace them with worse free agents or 5th round draft picks isn't a quality strategy if this team wants to actually contend in 2024.
I'm pretty sure Jimmy Johnson is in Jerry's ear. There must be certain players they are targeting in the Draft.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jimmy Johnson is in Jerry's ear. There must be certain players they are targeting in the Draft.
I’d feel a lot better about that if we have 1, maybe 2 starters to grab out of the draft. Still time but they need be part of the 2nd & 3rd waves of free agency. Right now you need 2 starting caliber players on the OL, slot CB, 3rd receiver, RB, DT, LB (maybe 2) at minimum. Maybe you get someone who can step up internally to fill one of those roles, maybe you hit on 1 or 2 draft picks that can step right in. The rest you're either filling with free agents you probably have to over pay a little for or you roll with JAGs.