Half season underrated player

BermyStar

Reaction score
To answer the Op's question the most underrated player in my opinion is Hitchens.

The biggest surprise at this point in the season is difficult, I had high hopes for Irving and DLaw as well as the young secondary.

I'll go with L. Collins, I expected him to dominate against the run, but struggle against the pass rush for athe better pert of the year. He's been very good.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
His production, which is natural for anybody that old, is declining and has been for the last few years. This year, his best game was against Denver, in a blow out which kind of blurs his numbers.

Again, nobody doubts his value, it’s just that people naturally think whom exactly is he preventing from taking his place that could possibly open things up for the team in the passing game downfield.

But the numbers show that they are wrong. That's the point. We've got a player who is still top 10 at his position, but fans want better than that, so they do doubt his value.

His production has declined for various reasons, including the fact that we are running the ball more, but that's just brought him down to where he's not a top two to top five tight end anymore. I think we'll get a chance to see within the next couple of years who he's preventing from taking his place and I hope it works out as well as the transition from Romo has. However, we got lucky there and it's likely in order to replace a top-10 Witten, it's going to take a early-round pick.

I have hopes for Gathers, but it's a tall task for a transitioning basketball player to step into the shoes of a Hall of Famer.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Crawford is actually a great choice. He will never live up to his contract in most people’s eyes but he is healthy and is really playing well this season.

Most of us, including myself, figured this is his last season here but his play is starting to make me think he returns for at least another season with his current contract.
I agree. He has been good and I didn't expect it.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Who would be the most underrated Cowboys player half way through the season?

My pick would be Jordan Lewis....hardly ever hear his name called, which is a good thing being a cornerback in the NFL. The guy has great technique, and will only improve as he continues to gain experience.

Unsung heros: The Jones and the Smiths: #41 Keith Smith and #45 Rod Smith . Keith really coming around as an effective blocker for Zeke and Dak on offense and always on or around the tackle on ST. Rod looks like he can fit right in to replace Al Mo anytime. Love both these guys motors.
Punters never get love however I think Chris Jones is the best in the business. He gets great hang time, distance and puts the best angle on his punts to help his coverage. He's also fast and there will be a fake put in the near future with his speed.

khiladi

Reaction score
But the numbers show that they are wrong. That's the point. We've got a player who is still top 10 at his position, but fans want better than that, so they do doubt his value.

His production has declined for various reasons, including the fact that we are running the ball more, but that's just brought him down to where he's not a top two to top five tight end anymore. I think we'll get a chance to see within the next couple of years who he's preventing from taking his place and I hope it works out as well as the transition from Romo has. However, we got lucky there and it's likely in order to replace a top-10 Witten, it's going to take a early-round pick.

I have hopes for Gathers, but it's a tall task for a transitioning basketball player to step into the shoes of a Hall of Famer.

What numbers are you referring to? He has less than 700 ysrdslast year and he’s roughly around those same numbers this year...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Obviously, it was Zeke Elliott.

8 games with Zeke: 28 points per game

3 games without Zeke: 7 points per game