Reaction score
Ok guys, please read the question before answering

The OP is not asking who has exceeded expectations
The question is "who is under rated at this point in the season"

No one is under-rating D Law at this point

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Jason Witten. Yes, it's hard to under-rate a future Hall of Famer, but he's been undervalued here for a few years now. He had his peak years as a receiver when we were all about the pass, but just when fans start doubting him, he shows even at 35 he's still a reliable receiver and target. He's seventh among tight ends in receptions, 13th in yards and tied for eighth in TDs ... and he's still one of the best blocking tight ends among starters in the league.
One doesn't under-rate IMMORTAL;)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Irving I had high expectations for.

D. Law has played beyond anything I thought he was capable of.

I expected Irving to start getting in that Pro Bowl level of conversation though.
Good post:thumbup:

Kinda pisses me off with this #90 onslaught he finally decided to pull from his back pocketo_O

mmohican29

Reaction score
Chris Jones.

If you asked me which multi-down player- I'd go with Hitchens.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm glad we are getting to have this debate. It seems we've had several players turn it up a notch this season! Hard to pick just one.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Witten. Yes, it's hard to under-rate a future Hall of Famer, but he's been undervalued here for a few years now. He had his peak years as a receiver when we were all about the pass, but just when fans start doubting him, he shows even at 35 he's still a reliable receiver and target. He's seventh among tight ends in receptions, 13th in yards and tied for eighth in TDs ... and he's still one of the best blocking tight ends among starters in the league.

I don't think anybody doubts him. It's just that they think him being on the field so much limits what we can do downfield. He doesn't stretch the field anymore. He's among the best ever at finding a hole in the zone and getting that much needed catch.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Am I allowed to say Dak? I think he has quietly continued from where he left off last season even aftwr talking heads said he woukd have to prove himself (again), and that's impressive.

DLaw has been excellent.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think anybody doubts him. It's just that they think him being on the field so much limits what we can do downfield. He doesn't stretch the field anymore. He's among the best ever at finding a hole in the zone and getting that much needed catch.

Yet again, he is among the top 10 tight ends in receptions and near the top 10 in yards. I think there's a grass-is-greener mentality here when around 20 teams would probably love to have Witten starting and doing what he does.

There are certainly other tight ends who are more of a vertical threat, but that shouldn't lessen the value of what Witten brings to this team. And I believe there are plenty here who doubt him and want to replace him because they have said it.

RS12

Reaction score
Sean Lee. How do you calculate his value? Defense falls apart when he is out.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Who would be the most underrated Cowboys player half way through the season?

My pick would be Jordan Lewis....hardly ever hear his name called, which is a good thing being a cornerback in the NFL. The guy has great technique, and will only improve as he continues to gain experience.
Sean Lee and Dak Prescott

Staubacher

Reaction score
Jeff Heath - makes PATs, INTs and delivers the wood. We're talking Ring of Honor shizz..

khiladi

Reaction score
Yet again, he is among the top 10 tight ends in receptions and near the top 10 in yards. I think there's a grass-is-greener mentality here when around 20 teams would probably love to have Witten starting and doing what he does.

There are certainly other tight ends who are more of a vertical threat, but that shouldn't lessen the value of what Witten brings to this team. And I believe there are plenty here who doubt him and want to replace him because they have said it.

His production, which is natural for anybody that old, is declining and has been for the last few years. This year, his best game was against Denver, in a blow out which kind of blurs his numbers.

Again, nobody doubts his value, it’s just that people naturally think whom exactly is he preventing from taking his place that could possibly open things up for the team in the passing game downfield.