Halftime evaluation: Impressed with Romo?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only one half...but not too shabby considering we are playing vs a pretty good Carolina D line.

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
Agreed. Arguably should have gotten away with one bad throw, but outside of that I think he's been very good.

Outside of penalties I've been impressed with the line as well.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
he's done well, but that INT still burns me up, that was such a half-arse attempt at a pass, but he's reading the field well, getting the ball out quick, getting 1st downs w/ his feet

those 2 early penalties, wiping out 1st downs didnt help

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hes made our O line much better. So far one bone head play, Ill take it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That was a foolhardy throw.

But other than that, he has dispelled the "better chance to win" myth.

He has done more things Bledsoe couldn't and has not done as many things as he made habit.

zack

Reaction score
Agreed. The offense is way more diverse with him at QB. A lot more exciting as well. We have been moving the ball up and down the field with him. In additon, how about we all welcome Jason Witten back to the offense.

alancdc

Reaction score
We can throw the ball any time we want to on them. Would like to see a audible to MB III when Carolina looks to blitz. I love the way that last play took 2 seconds. We are owed 2 calls this half/

mmohican29

Reaction score
No complaints here. We are moving the football with relative ease. These fade routes up the sidelines are not are forte. Stick with the TE's and crossing patterns and outs.

Totally different offensive team with #9 in there. To think this is his first start? If he can pull this one out, look out.

tar_heel16

Reaction score
I'm loving his mobility and his release is lightning-quick.

But here's the real question... if Bledsoe had started this game, how many times would he have been sacked by now? That Carolina D-Line is pressuring Romo pretty well, but he's handle the pressure extremely well.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
i am impressed...alot of upside...they are throwing the kitchen sink at him and he is keeping his composure...i want to see some more crossing patterns with TO...he can open this thing up

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with Romo, and I thought that nice defense by Gamble was an INT. Its weird to see a QB go through his progressions that quick, I mean the ball is out before the Defensive linemen could do his second move. I'm also impressed with his ability to scramble, we haven't had a QB that could get out the pocket like that in awhile.

Romo is looking good, I'm anxious to see what we do in the second half.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
mmohican29;1126463 said:
No complaints here. We are moving the football with relative ease. These fade routes up the sidelines are not are forte. Stick with the TE's and crossing patterns and outs.

Totally different offensive team with #9 in there. To think this is his first start? If he can pull this one out, look out.

We need to take those sideline routes out of the playbook. You are not playing high percentage football if you keep doing that.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Looks good IMO... one brain fart and an almost brain fart, but overall I like what I'm seeing. I love our offense when everyone's involved in the passing game.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
penalties let the QB down yet again (2 1st downs called back early) but very good play from Romo, aside from the bad decision that was called an INT (that looked like it should have been reversed).

accurate throwing, quick release, not a sitting duck... i'm liking what i see... more than i expected thru 30 min.