Halftime evaluation: Impressed with Romo?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1126532 said:
Another thing to consider.

Usually if we go into the half down, even by one score, many are screaming and complaining.

Does not seem to be the case right now.

I think with a few exceptions the team is doing pretty good.

If I'm going to scream, it's going to be about the defense. I'd give Romo a B- at this point.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Alexander;1126474 said:
We need to take those sideline routes out of the playbook. You are not playing high percentage football if you keep doing that.

Yeah. I also think we've run enough hitches for the night. Sooner or later, Gamble or Lucas is gonna jump the route.

Let's move TO around some in the slot. It's obvious Carolina is playing 2 deep doubling the outside WRs. CMON SHOW SOME CREATIVITY!!!!

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1126546 said:
If I'm going to scream, it's going to be about the defense. I'd give Romo a B- at this point.

Wurd. At least Newman is basically holding his own. Then again, having the idiot kicker give them the ball at the 40 and an INT at the 20 isn't the greatest situations in the world.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score

at least they haven't given up a big play in the passing game

but can't believe Henry had trouble keeping up w/ Key a couple times early in the game

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo has played well just as I expected.

I just keep thinking of a entire offseason, mini camp, training camp, and preseason to get ready for next year. How can anyone not be excited about that?

FiveTime

Reaction score
I could not have hoped for anything better. I love his demeanor sp?

The Favre impression was pretty entertaining also.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Amen, Winicki...these guys are incredibly soft for being so freakin' huge. I haven't seen anyone show up on defense other than Ellis...Ware has been totally neutralized, not even trying a secondary move after the tackle mans up on him...

This defense won't win the game...Romo looks good and exciting,but impulsive...he's got to control that impulsive streak, or you can look for him to implode in the 2nd half.

So far, it's a tie game from the QB.

Romo (int) 7
Romo (td) 7

Tripod

Reaction score
superpunk;1126581 said:
OK. That throw was god-like.

1st and 20?

So far he's Montana, Favre and god. No hyperbole in here.
Save these posts.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
He wasn't great but as long as he plays at this level (no more than 1 mistake a half) they Cowboys at least have a chance.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
This is a completely different offense with Romo at quarterback (and that's a good thing). The ball is out quick, he is avoiding the rush and buying time, and he is hitting receivers that I forgot played on this team.

The best part is the kid is 26 years old and he'll get better.